Motherboard
Lenovo G50-80
CPU
5200U
Graphics
HD 5500, R5 330M(disabled)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Recently I installed macOS Mojave 18A391 on MACHENIKE Laptop, whose main hardwares are listed below:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz with Intel HD Graphics 530
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530 with Nvidia GTX 950M (disabled)
Audio: ALC269 @ Realtek HDA(Layout id=2)
Networking: Realtek Ethernet and Intel Wireless AC 3165(Replaced by Broadcom BCM94352z)

Without any DSDT patches, almost everything works very well, except the following issues:

1. The built-in display. The built-in display gets black, only showing its backlight with light level adjustable, if:(A)The laptop boots with external displays plugging;(B)The laptop wakes from sleep. If I boot without any external displays, built-in display works very well until the computer sleeps and wakes for the first time.
upload_2018-10-3_17-12-16.png

(System Report concerning graphics when booting without external displays)

and I need to open and close my lid to enable DisplayPort Audio output option.
upload_2018-10-3_23-17-9.jpeg

(DisplayPort Audio Option after opening and closing the lid)

2. Random hang when macOS boots nearly successful without boot flag -v.

BTW, some screenshots have shown that if AppleALC is used for audio driver, ALCxxx audio cards would have "Intel HDA" shown in System Report--Hardware--Audio, but my system report doesn't have those Intel HDA Components. Is it OK?

upload_2018-10-3_17-2-19.png

(Audio in System Report)

Attachments

• debug_6784.zip
    12.5 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Recently I installed macOS Mojave 18A391 on MACHENIKE Laptop, whose main hardwares are listed below:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz with Intel HD Graphics 530
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530 with Nvidia GTX 950M (disabled)
Audio: ALC269 @ Realtek HDA(Layout id=2)
Networking: Realtek Ethernet and Intel Wireless AC 3165(Replaced by Broadcom BCM94352z)

Without any DSDT patches, almost everything works very well, except the following issues:
1. The built-in display. The built-in display gets black, only showing its backlight with light level adjustable, if:(A)The laptop boots with external displays plugging;(B)The laptop wakes from sleep. If I boot without any external displays, built-in display works very well until the computer sleeps and wakes for the first time.
View attachment 354884

(System Report concerning graphics when booting without external displays)
2. Random hang when macOS boots nearly successful without boot flag -v.

BTW, some screenshots have shown that if AppleALC is used for audio driver, ALCxxx audio cards would have "Intel HDA" shown in System Report--Hardware--Audio, but my system report doesn't have those Intel HDA Components. Is it OK?

View attachment 354879
(Audio in System Report)
"Problem Reporting" files are wrong/too large.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Backlight control not correct. See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

I have the same Built-In Input/Built-In Output (using AppleALC here too).
I will check my real Apple MacBookAir6,2 to see what it shows after the Mojave update...

But after adding PNLF, backlight control is totally right on my Laptop(this laptop doesn't belong to me. After adding PNLF, the backlight is good except those issue...
upload_2018-10-3_23-23-19.png

Or Adding PNLF to make backlight control work perfect on my laptop is just a coincidence? This function is perfect on both Mojave and High Sierra for my laptop.

But after adding PNLF, backlight control is totally right on my Laptop(this laptop doesn't belong to me. After adding PNLF, the backlight is good except those issue...
View attachment 354959
Or Adding PNLF to make backlight control work perfect on my laptop is just a coincidence? This function is perfect on both Mojave and High Sierra for my laptop.

Your ioreg proves you did not implement backlight control correctly.
Read the guide, follow as written.

Your ioreg proves you did not implement backlight control correctly.
Read the guide, follow as written.
I run the gen setup with my broken built-in display. May be it is necessary to run this again when I reboot with no external displays and built-in display works good? I am informed the guide well, but if possible, add PNLF is far more easy than your guide, isn't it?

I have the same Built-In Input/Built-In Output (using AppleALC here too).
I mean, some ALCxxx audio cards when using AppleALC will have extra built-in input/output like this(Just ignore BL and USB Audio)
upload_2018-10-3_23-40-2.png

(Extra Audio Output devices)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back