Contribute
Register

Building your hackintosh in a G5 case

Status
Not open for further replies.
dddirtman said:
instead of alt (speaker icon)
use the audio sense on hd audio connector

Did you get it working? As far as I figured, Apple uses its own trigger mechanism which is not compatible with HD-Audio.

Just finished my 2nd G5.
The 3 lower cables still need sleeving.

Attachments

• G5_i7-860.jpg
    G5_i7-860.jpg
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 6,414
CoolDw said:
I too have all the original parts of a g5 in a box since i just finished my Hack Pro :D . if anybody is interested let me know will post pics if needed

I'd be down to see some pics man! :headbang:

Depending on your whereabouts, there are two people providing these and can be found on the insanelymac forums, under Mods and Overclocking. It'll be one of the first few topics titled something like G5 to ATX Front I/O Cables.

hairyhobo said:
A mate of mine makes black boxes for planes so he has said he can do it, but im struggling to find the right ends for the wires, any ideas oh and im in the uk...

Also, is the usb port on the front of a G5 case usb1? how do you get round that if it is?

The USB port is a a 2.0

I am in the UK and bought an I/O cable from BlackCH over on insanelymac. Nice quality and price ok. Less hassle than making it myself so I took the lazy option.....

hairyhobo said:
how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking.

26 euros. I didn't bother paying for tracking and it arrived ok from Spain. Yes, I could make it cheaper but I had lots of other more exciting things I was working on with my build!

Quality of the finished product was excellent.

hairyhobo said:
i'll see if i can get the end first and give it to my mate to make

I've got one of those little cables left if you want it (I mean the original connector cable to the front I/O). If you want to do the cable yourself and that's the bit you are missing I'll let you have it.
PM me an address and I'll stick it in the post to you.

eelhead said:
Nice arw!

I will throw in the one with firewire pin out as well for people :D

I don't think these can be put out there enough lol

Can I use my frontpanel with out connecting firewire ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back