Contribute
Register

Building/troubleshooting Advice - My setup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All!

I am very new to the hackingtosh build, as a friend brought it up. - Saving a lot of money by not buying an Apple PC.. ;)

I used to be a Windows user, but as I began to compose/make a lot of music, I bought a Mac Book Pro, but it can not keep up when I load lots of samples/plug-ins.

What I need advise for is if this following set-up might work for building a hackingtosh. I have done some research, however I am a little bit unsure, as I would like all of the components to be compatible, before the build happens.

Here is the list:

1x GIGABYTE GA-H97M-D3H - Intel H97 - Intel LGA1150 socket - DDR3 RAM - Micro-ATX 1
1x Intel Core i5-4590 Haswell Refresh CPU - 3.3 GHz - Intel LGA1150 - 4 core - Intel Boxed
1x Cooler Master Hyper T4 CPU cooler
2x Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2400 DC 16GB
------1x XFX Radeon HD 7970 Double Dissipation Black Edition 3GB (Already Own)
------1x CORSAIR CS-M Series CS650M 650W (Already Own)
1x Samsung 750 EVO SSD - 500GB
1x IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro
1x WD Blue WD10EZEX HDD - 1 TB - 3.5" - 7200 rpm - SATA-600 - 64 MB cache

The Main purposes is music production. But I would like to be able to play just a little bit of some games.

Thank you all!
Apoesk21

Hey All!

I am very new to the hackingtosh build, as a friend brought it up. - Saving a lot of money by not buying an Apple PC.. ;)

I used to be a Windows user, but as I began to compose/make a lot of music, I bought a Mac Book Pro, but it can not keep up when I load lots of samples/plug-ins.

What I need advise for is if this following set-up might work for building a hackingtosh. I have done some research, however I am a little bit unsure, as I would like all of the components to be compatible, before the build happens.

Here is the list:

1x GIGABYTE GA-H97M-D3H - Intel H97 - Intel LGA1150 socket - DDR3 RAM - Micro-ATX 1
1x Intel Core i5-4590 Haswell Refresh CPU - 3.3 GHz - Intel LGA1150 - 4 core - Intel Boxed
1x Cooler Master Hyper T4 CPU cooler
2x Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2400 DC 16GB
------1x XFX Radeon HD 7970 Double Dissipation Black Edition 3GB (Already Own)
------1x CORSAIR CS-M Series CS650M 650W (Already Own)
1x Samsung 750 EVO SSD - 500GB
1x IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro
1x WD Blue WD10EZEX HDD - 1 TB - 3.5" - 7200 rpm - SATA-600 - 64 MB cache

The Main purposes is music production. But I would like to be able to play just a little bit of some games.

Thank you all!
Apoesk21

Your components should work fine for a hackintosh. Follow the standard Installation Guide, and this thread may help if you run into any problems with the graphics card.

OKay.. So the project has started.

However I am in a little bit of trouble.

I managed to install El Capitan, but when it restarted it went to say ''.. Reboot and select proper boot device''...

I have tried to formate and try again, several times, but now I am not able to get any further than this stop point.. I have a more tech-friend than me to assist, but we cannot figure this out.

Does any one know what he problem might be..?

All the best

i had this problem you need to go into bios and for boot option #1 change your drive from standard to UEFI boot partition 1 you have it installed correctly for some reason even if you set uefi only the drive will still boot as legacy. and say nothing is present.

Thank you! - I will give it at go!

Yea! I did manage to get the system working. However, when I wanted to update, to 10.11.6, using this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/os-x-10-11-6-update.195102/ - After the auto-reboot, I get black screen with the apple logo and a loaded loading bar.

I am going to try pressing shift, to go in save-mode. Might this help? (I am not able to do it right now.. )

Thank you

All the best

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back