Contribute
Register

Building/troubleshooting Advice - My setup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All!

I am very new to the hackingtosh build, as a friend brought it up. - Saving a lot of money by not buying an Apple PC.. ;)

I used to be a Windows user, but as I began to compose/make a lot of music, I bought a Mac Book Pro, but it can not keep up when I load lots of samples/plug-ins.

What I need advise for is if this following set-up might work for building a hackingtosh. I have done some research, however I am a little bit unsure, as I would like all of the components to be compatible, before the build happens.

Here is the list:

1x GIGABYTE GA-H97M-D3H - Intel H97 - Intel LGA1150 socket - DDR3 RAM - Micro-ATX 1
1x Intel Core i5-4590 Haswell Refresh CPU - 3.3 GHz - Intel LGA1150 - 4 core - Intel Boxed
1x Cooler Master Hyper T4 CPU cooler
2x Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2400 DC 16GB
------1x XFX Radeon HD 7970 Double Dissipation Black Edition 3GB (Already Own)
------1x CORSAIR CS-M Series CS650M 650W (Already Own)
1x Samsung 750 EVO SSD - 500GB
1x IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro
1x WD Blue WD10EZEX HDD - 1 TB - 3.5" - 7200 rpm - SATA-600 - 64 MB cache

The Main purposes is music production. But I would like to be able to play just a little bit of some games.

Thank you all!
Apoesk21

nobodynose

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M Pro4
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey All!

I am very new to the hackingtosh build, as a friend brought it up. - Saving a lot of money by not buying an Apple PC.. ;)

I used to be a Windows user, but as I began to compose/make a lot of music, I bought a Mac Book Pro, but it can not keep up when I load lots of samples/plug-ins.

What I need advise for is if this following set-up might work for building a hackingtosh. I have done some research, however I am a little bit unsure, as I would like all of the components to be compatible, before the build happens.

Here is the list:

1x GIGABYTE GA-H97M-D3H - Intel H97 - Intel LGA1150 socket - DDR3 RAM - Micro-ATX 1
1x Intel Core i5-4590 Haswell Refresh CPU - 3.3 GHz - Intel LGA1150 - 4 core - Intel Boxed
1x Cooler Master Hyper T4 CPU cooler
2x Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2400 DC 16GB
------1x XFX Radeon HD 7970 Double Dissipation Black Edition 3GB (Already Own)
------1x CORSAIR CS-M Series CS650M 650W (Already Own)
1x Samsung 750 EVO SSD - 500GB
1x IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro
1x WD Blue WD10EZEX HDD - 1 TB - 3.5" - 7200 rpm - SATA-600 - 64 MB cache

The Main purposes is music production. But I would like to be able to play just a little bit of some games.

Thank you all!
Apoesk21

Your components should work fine for a hackintosh. Follow the standard Installation Guide, and this thread may help if you run into any problems with the graphics card.

OKay.. So the project has started.

However I am in a little bit of trouble.

I managed to install El Capitan, but when it restarted it went to say ''.. Reboot and select proper boot device''...

I have tried to formate and try again, several times, but now I am not able to get any further than this stop point.. I have a more tech-friend than me to assist, but we cannot figure this out.

Does any one know what he problem might be..?

All the best

Motherboard
Dell Lattitude E7440
CPU
i7 4600U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
i had this problem you need to go into bios and for boot option #1 change your drive from standard to UEFI boot partition 1 you have it installed correctly for some reason even if you set uefi only the drive will still boot as legacy. and say nothing is present.

Thank you! - I will give it at go!

Yea! I did manage to get the system working. However, when I wanted to update, to 10.11.6, using this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/os-x-10-11-6-update.195102/ - After the auto-reboot, I get black screen with the apple logo and a loaded loading bar.

I am going to try pressing shift, to go in save-mode. Might this help? (I am not able to do it right now.. )

Thank you

All the best

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.