Contribute
Register

Building my first hackintosh - HELP NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I've come to the conclusion that building a hackintosh is the right choice for me. I'm only gonna use ios for music production via logic pro x, and windows will be used for everything else (mostly gaming).

First of i wonder if this is a good idea to begin with.
If yes, this is the setup I'm currently looking at

Gigabyte Z170mx gaming 5
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4GB
Intel Core i5-6600K Skylake Bundle
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB 2400MHz DDR4
x2 Samsung 850 EVO Basic SSD 250GB MZ-75E250B/EU
Corsair CS550M 550W 80+ Gold Modular ATX
Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler
BitFenix Phenom Micro-ATX

Will this setup work? And will everything fit in the case?

Last edited:
You might as well go with the https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MS0A6CT/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 Z270 version of the motherboard and an I5-7600K. There is now support for Kaby Lake in 10.12.6. Get it from the MAS.

Go with the latest greatest if building new. AFA the fit, look at the Phenom case specs and then your gfx card and PSU specs. Not hard to look those up is it ?

Great, thanks! Just to clarify, if i buy these i won't have any problems with the hardware?
I also changed the cooler to fit the new cpu

Great, thanks! Just to clarify, if i buy these i won't have any problems with the hardware?
I also changed the cooler to fit the new cpu
As long as you use 10.12.6 from the MAS there shouldn't be a problem. Follow a guide for that motherboard.

Last question now, can i use a i7 6700k instead of the i5 7600k?
Yes, but you will lose the HEVC H.265 coding ability that you get with the I5-7600K. If you don't know what that is look it up and decide if it's important for you. One way it will help in the future is for streaming 4K content like movies over the internet. In either Windows 10 or macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back