Contribute
Register

building my first hackintosh/gamingpc....will these work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not being a hater by any means, Im just looking at that extremely low price, and poor reviews.. I personally like ASUS.

I just did a build for my buddy using the ASUS P8Z77-LX, that's in the same level as that gigabyte board. Just also know that if you are planning this to be a gaming machine, it's really only good for 1 GPU (the 2nd pcie16x slot is @ 4x), which should be enough for most anyways

Yeah, we don't discriminate around here but we are open to all board options as long as they are compatible chipsets. :mrgreen:

Give Gigabyte time. (fanboy) :lol:

hahaha.

I think I'm going to wait for Mountain Lion to be released before I get my computer parts.. wanna make sure the 670 is running perfect by the time it arrives

I'd recommend only Sony, Pioneer or LG optical drives. Apple has only used Sony and Pioneer in their desktops for ages, and, thus, Apple OS X is friendly with these manufacturers' drives.

The tonymacx86 Recommend Builds (and Components) recommends the Sony optical drive. I'm using both Sony and LG optical drives both of which work flawlessly. (See links in my signature block for tonymacx86 Recommend Builds and my build descriptions.) Note: Other makes of optical drives have been reported to give problems when installing Snow Leopard and/or problems with sleep/wake-up. So, I'd stick with the known/proven brands.

emperorbohe said:
allenprit said:
I would think about that video card, I have tried geforce and ati, and ati has my vote hands down,,, out of the box control of your graphics and screen settings,,, hdmi, dvi and vga has great settings,, check it out

alright, I'll do some more research about that!

and does anyone have a case recommendation?

edit: i'm thinking of having both Mountain Lion and Windows 7 dual boot on a single SSD, and then have the two share one single hard drive for data storage. would that be possible? if so, how big would the SSD have to be? I'm sorry for asking so much questions haha...I just want to be sure about everything
I just returned my i5-3570k :banghead: haha But I can recommend you an awesome case!
It is a mid-ATX case but it is kick-a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811119233 Hope you like it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back