Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

So, I tried a year ago to build something, didn't happen, so let's try again.
I finally have a better job and can afford a really good computer. I have a MacBook Pro 13" 16GB, and I like it, because I can use it on school and in my job... BUT, sometimes it gets laggy and freezes, and I've heard you can build a really powerful computer using macOS, without paying thousands of dollars for Apple products, plus it would be fun to build it.
I'm a designer and sometimes my workflow needs to have Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Indesign, After effects and Premier open, along with chrome open with multiple tabs. So it's important for this to be a golden build, I need EVERYTHING working.
I also want to do gaming on this baby, if possible 4K gaming with the best settings possible (I don't know how ambitious that is, and if it's even possible), anyways, I am a newbie and need a project. So what are your best recommendations?

Solely on the Buyer's Guide I am eyeing this components:

-Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
-Core i7-6700K
-Corsair H60 (Water)
-EVGA GTX 950 (In this regard, and having in mind what I'm looking for, is there a better option for the gaming card? Would a 980 be better?)
-Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (32GB)
-Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
-Corsair RM 650 Watt
-Corsair Carbide 300R (now, this is the one that the guide suggests, I really don't like it, I'm looking to buy this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015U7LXO4/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
But, then again, I'm a newbie myself on building so, I'm just wondering if this is too much to build, or would it be a good option?

TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (N)

Is there something I'm missing? Would this support bluetooth in my Hackintosh as well?
I'd appreciate the help.

Also, do you guys know of a good set of tools to build pcs? Like in Amazon or something?

Thanks.

Last edited:
There are many basic 19.99 to 29.99 computer building tool kits. You can generally get by with just a #1 or #2 philips screw driver to get most of the job done. A 980 graphics card would be a big improvement over a 950 for gaming and for using the Adobe Suite of apps. You can use any case you'd like as long as your motherboard and PSU will fit in it. Look in the Buyer's Guide for a compatible USB bluetooth adapter if you'll be using the TP-Link wireless adapter card. There are other Wifi/BT combo card options you can use as well. Many use the Broadcom 94360CD card with an appropriate adapter for an OOB solution.

There are many basic 19.99 to 29.99 computer building tool kits. You can generally get by with just a #1 or #2 philips screw driver to get most of the job done. A 980 graphics card would be a big improvement over a 950 for gaming and for using the Adobe Suite of apps. You can use any case you'd like as long as your motherboard and PSU will fit in it. Look in the Buyer's Guide for a compatible USB bluetooth adapter if you'll be using the TP-Link wireless adapter card. There are other Wifi/BT combo card options you can use as well. Many use the Broadcom 94360CD card with an appropriate adapter for an OOB solution.

Thank you so much for your reply.

So, do you think this setup will work good?

Also, and this might be a stupid question, but, how do you know which USB Bluetooth adapter will be compatible with the TP-Link wireless adapter card?

Thanks

Thank you so much for your reply.

So, do you think this setup will work good?

Also, and this might be a stupid question, but, how do you know which USB Bluetooth adapter will be compatible with the TP-Link wireless adapter card?

Thanks
There are many User Builds posted with that CPU motherboard combo so it should work well.
Any BT adapter in the B.G. will work with the TP-Link. They work independently. I have not used
any of the USB BT adapters with Sierra yet so search through the forums to see how they are
working for others. I know of no problems (other than range) with El Capitan or older versions of OS X.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back