Contribute
Register

Building my first computer and hackintosh, will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-D3H
CPU
intel i5 3470
Graphics
MSI gtx 660 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all, I'm gonna build my first gaming rig that I wish to keep under 1000 euro. I'd like to know if the hardware will be compatible with eachother and if it will work with mac os x 10.8.

CPU: Intel® Core i5-3470 Processor

RAM: CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 XMS3 VENGEANCE PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL9 (2X4GB)

Harddrive: Samsung 830 ssd

Motherboard: Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 AMD CrossFireX/NVIDIA SLI W/ GIGABYTE GA-H77-DS3H - Socket 1155 - Chipset H77 - ATX

PSU: DAntec TruePower New Series 650W

Graphics: GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Case: Fractal Design Define R4

Thanks in advance!

In theory, everything there could add up to a working system, but you would have a problem building it. I believe the GTX 660 Ti can't be added until after the system is already built, and the processor you have chosen does not include HD 4000 video. So you can't see it to build it. And if you can't build it, you can't add the GTX 660 Ti to see it. See the catch there? The whole problem can be fixed by choosing a processor with HD 4000 video built in such as the Core i7 3570K.

If I'm mistaken, someone please correct me.

OH! Stop the presses. I was finally able to dientify the ethernet chipset on that motherboard. It's Atheros. That's a no-go.

Hello all, I'm gonna build my first gaming rig that I wish to keep under 1000 euro. I'd like to know if the hardware will be compatible with eachother and if it will work with mac os x 10.8.

CPU: Intel® Core i5-3470 Processor

RAM: CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 XMS3 VENGEANCE PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL9 (2X4GB)

Harddrive: Samsung 830 ssd

Motherboard: Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 AMD CrossFireX/NVIDIA SLI W/ GIGABYTE GA-H77-DS3H - Socket 1155 - Chipset H77 - ATX

PSU: DAntec TruePower New Series 650W

Graphics: GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Case: Fractal Design Define R4

Thanks in advance!

Hardware should work with Mountain Lion. Do you have access to a real Mac or a hacktinosh running Snow Leopard or higher so that you can download Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store and then make a UniBeast USB stick to install Mountain Lion?

Yes I have access to my parents macintosh so I can buy mountain lion from there.

EDIT:
In theory, everything there could add up to a working system, but you would have a problem building it. I believe the GTX 660 Ti can't be added until after the system is already built, and the processor you have chosen does not include HD 4000 video. So you can't see it to build it. And if you can't build it, you can't add the GTX 660 Ti to see it. See the catch there? The whole problem can be fixed by choosing a processor with HD 4000 video built in such as the Core i7 3570K.

If I'm mistaken, someone please correct me.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "So you can't see it to build it", if it's something that needs to be setup before I could use my current gtx 460?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back