Contribute
Register

Building a powerful video editing workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, just received all of the components. :thumbup: Do you have any link or tutorial on how to go on now connecting them hardware parts and what to pay attention to?

So far I was able to put the parts together. But there are currently four things I'm not sure where you guys maybe can help me with:

The Noctua CPU cooler was very difficult to screw/lock onto the CPU so I had to take it away a few times from the installed CPU with the thermal compound already applied. Is that a problem so that it won't work anymore in conducting the heat to the cooler?

The "Fractal Design Define S2 Vision RGB" has its own fans pre-installed and therefore a fan hub. I have to connect the Noctua CPU cooler to this hub instead of directly to the mainboards cpu_fan header. But the cable is too short. Is there a way or an adapter cable to extend it?

Also with this case the power supply is not reachable at all to plu the other cables of case fans etc when it is screwed as in the manual stated. Is there a way to remove the bottom plate so that I can reach the power supply better or another tip that helps with that?

And my Vega 64 GPU is not installed yet. Should I first set up the Hackintosh including the software part and install the GPU later as for example Max Yuryev does in his tutorial

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
So any news about the update to 128gb DDR4 ram from Gigabyte?

I would like to have a configuration with:
> GIGABYTE z390 Designare
> 128gb RAM ( 4 X Crucial 32GB DDR4-2666 LRDIMM )
> i9 9900K

but i don't know if it's possible to have this configuration...

help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back