Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus IX Hero
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
GeForce 1080 8gb G1
hey everyone,

I'm going to build my first Hackintosh based on the CustomMac pro.
I'm mainly using it for VR editing (6K / 4K video editing essentially).
I think I also want to be able to connect the HTC VIVE to it to view some of the stuff I'm filming and editing.

My question is - is that specific build (CustomMac Pro) good enough? is the video card powerful enough?
any recommendations for other parts?

any advice would be much appreciated!

Dani

hey everyone,

I'm going to build my first Hackintosh based on the CustomMac pro.
I'm mainly using it for VR editing (6K / 4K video editing essentially).
I think I also want to be able to connect the HTC VIVE to it to view some of the stuff I'm filming and editing.

My question is - is that specific build (CustomMac Pro) good enough? is the video card powerful enough?
any recommendations for other parts?

any advice would be much appreciated!

Dani

Hey daniten, I had the exact same question, also using the build for VR editing (with Adobe software). Just finished this build with CustoMac Pro components, purchased the HTC Vive + GeForce GTX 1070 card bundle and started testing it in Hackintosh, everything works fine, SteamVR is buggy and there is almost no support for VR gaming or video watching for Mac; will get better with time. I'll test Adobe Premier and After Effects (lame Final Cut doesn't support VR natively yet) with this headset and will update it here, although I think I'll add a Windows partition to get more support. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hey daniten, I had the exact same question, also using the build for VR editing (with Adobe software). Just finished this build with CustoMac Pro components, purchased the HTC Vive + GeForce GTX 1070 card bundle and started testing it in Hackintosh, everything works fine, SteamVR is buggy and there is almost no support for VR gaming or video watching for Mac; will get better with time. I'll test Adobe Premier and After Effects (lame Final Cut doesn't support VR natively yet) with this headset and will update it here, although I think I'll add a Windows partition to get more support. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks for updating! I'm interested to see if you can run this setup on a Mac OSX.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back