Intel i9 9900K
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 AIR BOOST 8G OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

first of all: What a great forum and a great community! I've read so many posts of yours, took a look at your golden builds and the whole tonymacx86 board. Really cool stuff, you guys rock!

So, long story short: I own a MacPro 2008 and use it mostly for video & picture editing. So my weapons of choice are the Adobe CS6 Suite and FCP. My machine is still good running, but the transfer rates when editing HQ video stuff are not that impressing anymore. Need something faster. The new MacPro is, beside the fact that it's nothing special, quite overprized. So I'm looking for something comparable that's still in budget.

I read a lot about compatible parts but just asking you guys to have a last look at my list, maybe show up some alternates or bring in some better ideas.

Here we go:

Fractal Define R3 USB3.0 Black Pearl Midi Tower
850W be quiet! Dark Power Pro P10 80+ Platinum
Intel Core i7 2600 4x 3.40GHz So.1155
be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 2
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
2x 16GB Corsair XMS3 Dominator DDR3-1600 DIMM CL10 Dual Kit (2x 8GB, 4 pieces in total)
2048MB Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC

As harddrives I'll buy some Samsung 256GB SSD's and a few 3000GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 64MB Cache.

I neither need bluetooth nor wifi, but I'll put my good ol' Blackmagic Extreme 3D in it too.

Anything I forgot, any issues (not sure if the Corsair DDR3 is compatible, nothing to find on the gigabyte website, but the board can handle up to 32GB of memory).

Looking forward to your feedback!

Best,
Markus

Everything you have there will work fine with Mountain Lion. No problems with the ram.

Is there a particular reason you went with the Sandy Bridge board/processor rather than the new Ivy Bridge?

Hey, viele Grüße aus Deutschland. :)

I would also recommend going with a 7-series chipset board and Ivy Bridge. They seem to be working better with Mountain Lion.

Hey,

thanks for your feedback! The only reason I've chosen the sandy bridge setup was because I didn't found a support for the Z77 Chipset in the DSTS. But knowing now that it has a native support in Mountain Lion is just... yeeeehaaaaaa!

So I've changed my order to

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI
Intel Core i7 3770K 4x 3.50GHz So.1155

Thumbs up?

Hey,

thanks for your feedback! The only reason I've chosen the sandy bridge setup was because I didn't found a support for the Z77 Chipset in the DSTS. But knowing now that it has a native support in Mountain Lion is just... yeeeehaaaaaa!

So I've changed my order to

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI
Intel Core i7 3770K 4x 3.50GHz So.1155

Thumbs up?
Not really... you will not able to use WiFi and the BT on the board. Just a notice. ;)

Not really... you will not able to use WiFi and the BT on the board. Just a notice. ;)

I'm also thinking about this board: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI ...
how can wifi and BT be enabled?

thx

There is no workaround for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back