Just finished my build with this hardware:
Ga-z77n-wifi
EVGA gtx 650 2gb
16gb corsair low profile RAM
Corsair H60 CPU cooling system
Corsair force 3 240 SSD+Seagate Barracuda 1tb as "Fusion Drive"
Bitfenix Prodigy Black
Crossover q27 led monitor

Everything worked OOTB, I used the Unibeast basic set-up instructions (+ great help from Miramar for problem solving the Vt-d setting in the bios), and then the great tutorial by Neilhart for the fusion drive.
Now I just need a splitter to connect more fans to the MB and I am set!!
Great job by TonyMacx86 and many thanks to Miramar and Neilhart!!

Madmax

do you have wifi working oob? does the MB wifi work with osx?

Article: Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

do you have wifi working oob? does the MB wifi work with osx?

No it doesn't work , You'll need to replace it with the Dell mini pcie wifi card . I believe they're on ebay for around 10 bucks

WIFI does not work in this MB, I don't need it because I have ethernet cable...
The bluetooth portion of the card works very well...

Hi everybody, it's great.
I ve got these configuration but i can't get to the installation screen :
- ANTEC KSI 310-150
- Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
- Intel Core i5 3570K

-CORSAIR 8go
- Seagate 500go SATA3

I tried to type :
PCIRootUID=1 before hitting enter. If that doesn't work then try PCIRootUID=1 -x or just -x which will enter Mac OS X Safe Mode and will allow you to proceed. For some graphics cards, use GraphicsEnabler=No

But nothing append. After using iboot ivy brdige 1.0.0 i've got a black screen with a gray bar on the top

Is someone can help me.
Thanks very much

Advice please...Im thinking of building a portable mini ITX...looking at the pico power supplies 150W seems the highest..can anyone advise on the total consumption a z77wifi, 3570k, 16gb ram build would use? I have heard of systems running with just 90w?

Advice please...Im thinking of building a portable mini ITX...looking at the pico power supplies 150W seems the highest..can anyone advise on the total consumption a z77wifi, 3570k, 16gb ram build would use? I have heard of systems running with just 90w?

The i5 uses 77w The ram uses hardly anything maybe 7/8 w max as for the mobo I can't help there but it gives you plenty of head room using the 150w psu

Ok I just joined, yet I have been looking on this site for over a year now. I am still running an old G5 duo core. I just started this build and snagged the Z77N, why is it that the wifi built into the motherboard, wont work with this build? Im not a gamer, but would like to use the slot for a decent graphics card. Or would it be fine for running things like CS5 without it?
bought so far: BF prodigy case (white) Z77N, 8gig ddr3, cpu fan, 550 power supply.
Next to buy is: I5 K processor, HDD, Optics (can anyone give me a good Idea for a burner?), Bluetooth usb, wifi card or graphics card.

Ok I just joined, yet I have been looking on this site for over a year now. I am still running an old G5 duo core. I just started this build and snagged the Z77N, why is it that the wifi built into the motherboard, wont work with this build? Im not a gamer, but would like to use the slot for a decent graphics card. Or would it be fine for running things like CS5 without it?
bought so far: BF prodigy case (white) Z77N, 8gig ddr3, cpu fan, 550 power supply.
Next to buy is: I5 K processor, HDD, Optics (can anyone give me a good Idea for a burner?), Bluetooth usb, wifi card or graphics card.

The mini PCIe wifi card isn't supported in OS X , But the bluetooth part is . If you have to have wifi you will have to replace the card with this: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=DW1515 only snag being you will lose bluetooth too as its attached to the wifi card.

Optical drive is here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MRHOQG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

I would suggest looking on the CustoMac 2012 buyers guide section(its in the home screen ) for supported graphics cards

On the WiFi front, the chip that comes bundled with the board is an Intel chip; and from what I read, it's very hard to even develop a kernel extension for Intel chips, let alone get them working with everything intact. Bluetooth works. Luckily though you can actually replace the chip with one that works, like the Athero 9280. You can get that for $10 on eBay. There's also getting a USB Wifi stick, and disabling that stick in Windows; this way you keep all the cool wireless features (I really like WiDi now, use it all the time from my laptop).

As for getting a discreet card; it all really depends on how much you do. If it's a hobby (as in, maybe 15 videos a year), I would say save your money and use the HD 4000. Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, and Adobe CS tap into that and accelerate everything you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back