Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did this (with an awesome FT03 Mini case) and it worked great. The only issue I ran into during installation was with the Atheros half-size mini PCIe WiFi I bought off of eBay for $10 - I couldn't leave it installed for the Mountain Lion installation. Took out the card, installed Mountain Lion, put it back in and now everything is working nicely.

Just a heads up, you can currently buy the i7-3770K at the MicroCenter for 50 dollars less than newegg. Thats only 280 dollars! Very cheap

Article: Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

You guys continue to do great things! One of these days I'll get up the nerve to actually build one of these. Thanks for all you do and the hard work you continue to contribute to the community!

It's much easier than you'd think. Especially if you stick to a list of recommended hardware.

I'm happy that this was released today, because I just got interested in building a hackintosh!

Let the building begin !!
Your list has all the parts I was thinking about.

Will Apex power supply clear a stock 3225 cpu or will I have to go the GELID route.

No it will not clear the stock cooler on the 3225 (I learned that the hard way):

These are the very nice, well written, and most encourage message for people who want to jump into the world of most advanced OS.

kmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back