Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

can someone explain what this patched/modified UEFI is to a noob and how to do it? I have had the ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE and Prodigy for a few months now with an i7 3770k and OCZ 128 GB vertex 4 SSD. The i7 was $60 cheaper at MicroCenter and that savings makes buying the asus quite easy. So it's not more expensive and this asus MB is better with the cpu socket placement. I have waited a long time to do this hackintosh on the system described. Any other issues with my hardware? Any one built a hackintoshwith the asus yet?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...uide-asus-p8z77-i-i5-3570k-mountain-lion.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/71307-modified-uefi-rom-faq.html

I currently have a mid 2007 mac mini. I would rather build my own than buy a new mac. I have Lion but not Mountain Lion as my system requirements are not compatible. I also have the discs for leopard & snow leopard. Will Lion or Snow Leopard work with the CustoMac Mini 2012 build? I plan on upgrading to Mountain Lion once it is working. This is my first build. Thanks for the help.

Can somebody post a CustoMac Mini 2012 ML installation guide here briefly

such as: BIOS setting, unibeast setup ( such any option need -s -v ) to get into the installation screen and post installation, mutlibeast (DSTS selections)0

I am getting all the required HD and software ready.

thanks for all.

I second this, PLEASE it helped me a lot on my CustoMac Mini 2011.

Can the i5-3570k processor be used with the first build? Or will it pull too much power?

Yeah, that was the startech product I linked to myself, it is PCIe mini full size and the slot on the mobo is half size so it shouldn't fit. Any other ideas?

In the mean time i have found a Flexible MiniPCI Express (half) to x1 PCI Express Adapter from Amfeltec, that would supposedly replace the WIFI card and attach to a PCIe firewire card (the bitfenix case has two openings).
Any thoughts on this aside from the €68 price tag on the adapter (at least double the price of the firewire interface!)?

great job - thanks

got
-board and
-i3 3250 (as htpc with plex)
- 2x 4gb ram
but can not get hdmi-audio with hd4000.
as toledos faq is much too complex for me
- i gave up after 15 hours -

can somebody help me with a edited dsdt ? - please!

can t find a dsdt - and there is nothing here yet - cause u need dsdt only if you want hdmi-audio - which i urgently need!!

I just did this (with an awesome FT03 Mini case) and it worked great. The only issue I ran into during installation was with the Atheros half-size mini PCIe WiFi I bought off of eBay for $10 - I couldn't leave it installed for the Mountain Lion installation. Took out the card, installed Mountain Lion, put it back in and now everything is working nicely.

Did the "Atheros half-size mini PCIe WiFi" work after OSX installation natively or did you had to use any kexts? Are there any other suggestions concerning a half-size mini PCIe WiFi - card promisely working in ML 10.8.2 system? Thx.

Why do all these guides avoid the GTX660?
There's a significant price difference with the TI model but is there a problem with hackintosh support?

Why do all these guides avoid the GTX660?
There's a significant price difference with the TI model but is there a problem with hackintosh support?

Yes, tried it myself and had to send back the GTX 660 - no desktop appears after boot. Bought a GTX 660TI and it worked out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back