Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm working on my first build, and we went with a deluxe build, straight as recommended with an i7 on the Z77n mobo. It has been impossible to get it to boot in anything other than safe-mode. I installed mountain lion on the seagate 1tb drive using the recommended setting in multi-beast, I used this link: http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html to change bios settings, but still it will only boot in safe-mode. I have it hooked up to an eizo color-edge monitor through dvi. any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Article: Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Hi, I'm working on my first build, and we went with a deluxe build, straight as recommended with an i7 on the Z77n mobo. It has been impossible to get it to boot in anything other than safe-mode. I installed mountain lion on the seagate 1tb drive using the recommended setting in multi-beast, I used this link: http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html to change bios settings, but still it will only boot in safe-mode. I have it hooked up to an eizo color-edge monitor through dvi. any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you check EasyBeast Installation or User DSDT or DSDT free installation in multibeast??

Did you check EasyBeast Installation or User DSDT or DSDT free installation in multibeast??

yes, I tried both.

did you try installing the boot loader in multibeast ?
I just did – still won't boot unless in safe mode.

What do you mean by "I can't open videos on all video players"?
when I try to open videos , shows me black screen , with sound
I tried VLC , quick time ... nothing works

when I try to open videos , shows me black screen , with sound
I tried VLC , quick time ... nothing works

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is , Did you use MultiBeast ? If so did you use UserDSDT/DSDT free ? The black screen could be you don't have GraphicsEnabler set to yes .

You can check this by looking in your extra folder on your boot drive , Then open org.chameleon.boot.plist .

Heres mine for example :

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Your using the same board as mine so yours should be basically the same ?

Ok looked up the that. read the whole tutorial in lnx2mac.
Let it be known this is the first computer I have EVER built and I want it to be running OSX. I work off of an old G5. She's great don't get me wrong. Just getting outdated for what I need it to do.
SO far I have ran all three iboots, and the SL. Multibeast. But which one will work best with the i5 3570K processor? should I be running the one for ML? It has the Lnx2Mac on it, plus a bit more for what i think my Mobo. is compliant with. In the end I guess I don't know what the hell I'm doing here. This **** has me stumped.
I have built houses, cars, semi trucks, guns, a bow and build my own fishing and fly rods. why the heck is this stumping me???
ANY help with this will be greatly appreciated, if your ever near joliet Il. I will buy the beers!!! I just want this thing to run!

Ok looked up the that. read the whole tutorial in lnx2mac.
Let it be known this is the first computer I have EVER built and I want it to be running OSX. I work off of an old G5. She's great don't get me wrong. Just getting outdated for what I need it to do.
SO far I have ran all three iboots, and the SL. Multibeast. But which one will work best with the i5 3570K processor? should I be running the one for ML? It has the Lnx2Mac on it, plus a bit more for what i think my Mobo. is compliant with. In the end I guess I don't know what the hell I'm doing here. This **** has me stumped.
I have built houses, cars, semi trucks, guns, a bow and build my own fishing and fly rods. why the heck is this stumping me???
ANY help with this will be greatly appreciated, if your ever near joliet Il. I will buy the beers!!! I just want this thing to run!

Working on computers is only easy if you know how to , So don't worry ! Heres what you need

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

Then read through this :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...ip-build-ga-z77n-wifi-i5-3570k-hd-6870-a.html

That should get you up and running with ML .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back