Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide September 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh, Haswell Hackintosh!! need to start working on the parts then :D
Thanks for the update, Tony

Does this new recommended build thing mean, that I can go with the Z87-HD3 and it should work with 10.8.5? Because I haven't seen anybody with this board working properly.
I would be using this board with a 4770K and a Zotac GTX670 AMP!. Will that work (all of this stuff is on the list)? Or should I just go with a 3770K and a Z77-DS3H to be safe?

A couple of minor errors in the CPU section: The i3 4330 is 3.5 GHz and the i3 4340 is 3.6 GHz. I get a Geekbench score of over 10,000 with the 4340. :)

Also, the Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H is just as compatible with Haswell as the GA-B75M-D3H was with Ivy Bridge and is a great value for the budget builder and should be included. Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128607

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide September 2013

Do i have to install 10.8.5 to a USB and then just install it???

I had 10.8.4 on my haswell 4770k with a hd3, but when i dont use my computer for 24 hours i constantly get stuck on the apple logo.
I think ts because i have VoodooHDA

And if i install it will i need the USB connected all the time to the computer?

And plus will the audio work??
or should i wait for the new multibeast/unibeast to be released? (when is it going to be releases)

Your monitor is connect via vga, dvi or hdmi?

Your monitor is connect via vga, dvi or hdmi?

None im connected to my GTX 770 HDMI + dvi

Thanks for the update.

The Amazon link for the UD3H goes to the UD4H. Is there any reason that the UD4H is
not on the recommended list? Looks like they are very similar.

Just fixed all of these. You'll want to clear your cache before reloading. :thumbup:

A couple of minor errors in the CPU section: The i3 4330 is 3.5 GHz and the i3 4340 is 3.6 GHz. I get a Geekbench score of over 10,000 with the 4340. :)

Also, the Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H is just as compatible with Haswell as the GA-B75M-D3H was with Ivy Bridge and is a great value for the budget builder and should be included. Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128607

Fixed the GHz on both i3 models. Thanks for the heads up on the B85M board. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back