Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide October 2013

Hey all,
For all future hackintosh-builders like me, you might consider this: OS X 10.8. might not be any more available from tomorrow on, so hurry up if you want to use it.
It is highly unlikely Mavericks will be released tomorrow. They will announce the date it will be available. That date could be the next day or two but I expect it to be available the following Tuesday.

The X79S-UP5 has been discontinued from Newegg. Just thought you might like to know so you can update the link should it be necessary.

Hi Tony, thnxs ! got my Hasswell i5 4570S running with Gigabyte z87-HD3, took a -x and then multibeast, but worked. I used a Trust Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter (Alternate.nl 18187, Retail) and it worked out of the box.

Hello

Sorry for my question if its stupid.. If i make a new pc by using the suggestions you have, then a MAC OS dvd will be possible to start and be installed normally in the new computer (except the some things you dont include, thunderbolt etc..)? Thanks in advance

Hi everyone.

How stable is the socket 2011 systems. Are they much harder and have more bugs?? Cant decide if I should build a the 2011 system or the next grade down. I know sleep mode is not a big deal to me.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

What about AMD/ATI R9 2xxx series?

Hi.

Sorry to be a pest. Has anyone has success wight the LGA 2011 setups listed above? I'm ready to build my first and wanted something with 6 Cores.

Please, any help or resources would be great.

Thanks

For the analytically-minded, I graphed the passmark benchmark for the listed CPU's by cost at Amazon US. They track quite tightly.

The i5's and the i7-4770 currently give the best bang for the buck.

Attachments

• Price_vs_benchmark.tiff
    66 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back