Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide October 2013

Is there no BT dongle that is available in Europe?

Click on the European links?

I have an Asus Radeon EAH 6850 1GB that works in both Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion

I also have a 9800 GT 512 mb that works in both Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion

Radeon 6850 has dual DVI , HDMI and Display Port

9800 GT has dual DVI ( check some had single DVI , HDMI and VGA )

Both can be found on Amazon new and refurbished. Last time I checked a week ago there were 9800 GT cards available for around $50.00. Radeon 6850 cards run about $100.00 to $150.00 on Amazon

The new Kepler based cards are supported in Mountain Lion but not in Snow Leopard.

If you want a new card something like a GT 210 will work on both Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion but it has single DVI, HDMI and VGA. Costs about $30.00 new

Do you know if Haswell processors are 10.6 compatible?

I am very interested in dual booting 10.8 or 10.9 when it comes out and 10.6 for developer purposes, but I can't seem to find anyone with those same interests.

Is there a list of parts that are 10.6 and 10.8 compatible?

I am very interested in dual booting 10.8 or 10.9 when it comes out and 10.6 for developer purposes, but I can't seem to find anyone with those same interests.

If you want a stable 10.6 and 10.8 system the only choice is a Sandy Bridge system which is natively supported in 10.6.8 and 10.8. The problem is Sandy Bridge CPUs are only available on eBay or in used systems.

Haswell is not recommended if you're looking to run 10.6 Snow Leopard. Just as a means to get to the latest version through the Mac App Store. See here for details:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...os-x-10-6-snow-leopard-haswell-based-pcs.html

Take a look here for compatibility for Core i CPUs:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/376-evolution-intel-s-core-i-processors.html

hey guys, i wanna do a builld with the z87 dual deluxe. have anyone done it before.

Looks like the GTX 670 has been discontinued on newegg, probably want to bump that link up to one of the other models.

I just did my first Hackintosh build, GA-Z87X-D3H, i7 4770, 16gb corsair RAM, GT640 running on Mountain Lion. I've managed to get it up and running. I installed Mountain Lion with Unibeast and afterwards ran Multibeast. Inititally I had issues with grey screen at startup and could only start using -x. Now It starts but I have a few fine tuning issues like system info displays the processor as 3.69Ghz and the ram as only 8gb. Has anyone else done a similar build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back