Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the two Wifi cards are? I would like to get the Rosewill card as it is $10 cheaper, but don't know if there would be any issues. I am using the Budget Mini Hack. Thanks!

I hope there is also a list of compatible internal Half size Mini PCI-E WIFI/Bluetooth module like Dell DW1515 and other Atheros like for the Motherboards like GA-Z87N-WIFI, GA-H87N-WIFI, GA-Z77N-WIFI, GA-H&7N-WIFI and others. :)

Hi !
I'm now ready to build my own customac pro, but will use is in audio production way. And I checked all the motherboards, no one comes with a firewire 400 neither 800 on it !
Will this card (http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B0013899RI/?tag=tonymacx8607-21) works on mac os ?

Thanks for the answer !

Also, the I5 4440 is 3.1Ghz, not 3.0. Also, I've got the mobo of the recommended H87N-wifi. Would it be a good idea to say that the lower HDMI port doesn't work, and you have to disabele VT-d and wake on lan?

I've got a copule questions that can hopefully be answered here:

1) The GPU section now lists that multiple GPU cards are "enabled by default". Is this referring to actual SLI configurations or just separate GPU cards each running their own display(s)?

2) If it is the former, then that would be applying only to Mavericks, yes? I ask because I don't recall multi-GPU support being in Mountain Lion.

Just trying to get clarification on this since the wording is rather vague in that section's description. I'm hoping it means what I think it means, because a couple Sapphire R9 280X Toxic Editions in CrossFire mode would royally smoke anything in the same price range.

Edit: Also, this has been bugging the bejeezus out of me - are the pictures/avatars seen at the top of the tonymacx86.com pages from System's Twilight by chance? :D

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide October 2013

don't flash your motherboard, it's the worst thing you can do. Only flash if it's a rom from the manufacture.

I have the 4GB version of the GTX770 and it is running just fine with the standard drivers, just in case you want to add it to the list!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back