Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide May 2013

GREAT GUIDE! Just one thing. In the Socket 2011 section the 600T Corsair is not E-ATX. So the specific MB does not fit.
This does not cancel the great work you ve done though!
Many thanks!

The x79 boards fit perfect in a 600t case. I am running the asus rampage x79 in one now..

Thanks what a timely update.

Just placed my order on Amazon using the budget mATX suggestions.

i3 Proc,
GA-Q77M-D2H, 8 Gigs of Ram, 120 SSD.

Now I need to figure out who I know has a Mac running 10.8 so I can build the USB stick.

MD

Will Corsair Enthusiast Series Power Supplies work?

why are their no good graphic cards just lame nvidia ones since i am a person that uses opencl i rather a amd card since opencl is faster in everyway with amd cards then cuda

Have you read the relevant reply yet and the article about RADEON support found on the main page?

Both say, that while current RADEON cards work in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, it is still experimental and involves much more work than using a current NVIDIA GPU.

Is that understandable?

Anyway, does anyone know, why the UP5-TH seems to be unavailable in Europe? Might Gigabyte work on a rev 1.1 and withdrew the current boards for Europe? I do not know, how motherboard manufacturers think in such situations, but I wanted to upgrade my UD-3H to an UP5-TH, since that is the board I was intending to use in the first place but was unavailable locally and now it is even unavailable online.

Thanks.

can i use a gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H to build a customac?
with Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz LGA 1155 Processor?

Is there any big difference in brand when it comes to GPUs?

Hi,
First thank you Tony and the others for all this work and info.
One question.
I've seen http://www.techspot.com/guides/519-intel-z77-panther-point-chipset/page2.html and http://ark.intel.com/compare/64027,64024
From the OSX perspective, whats the difference between the Q77 and the Z77 chipset?
Wich one would be more future compatible?
I like the GA-Z77-DS3H and GA-Q77M-D2H. But the last got 6 sata conn.

For now, I got a Quicksilver case with an older GB board using Cartri bios and want to upgrade.

Thank you.

I had a big problem ...my mother board is GA-z77-WIFI and i7 ivy bridge 3.4GHZ 3770 16gb corsair 1600MHZ memory and sand disk extreme 120gb ssd, NVDIA 2GB 640 GT...I cant install mountain lion to this system. I am stuck at apple logo and is not going after. if I type -x then I am able to install but after completing installation it is again stuck on apple logo....can anyone tell me what may be the issue?? thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back