Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the CustoMac mini deluxe, i had a slight problem. I noticed it said that the WIFI the z77 motherboard came with doesn't work with Mac os x so it suggests the TP-Link pcie card. Well I'm going to have a GPU taking up the whole and only one PCIe slot that is on the motherboard, so that was a problem. the only reason to get the TP-Link is if you're planning on using onboard graphics and not having a separate GPU or if you plan on using an ethernet cable.

I would love to build a silent pc with a fannless graphic card. Is there a fannless 650 wich is supported in 10.8.3 Mountain Lion?

hi,

amzing :)

so i have an origian mac pro aluminium case.
is it possible to build in these components?

would like to use this case .... love the look of it ;)

thx 4 answer!

I am new to PC building
And this may be a very silly doubt
But do Cases[size],Coolers[Intel based],Accessories[apart from the above suggestions] generally matter in terms of compatibility?

I want to buy a budget ATX but I want to know, can I put a GTX 660 in it or is it only withoud the vid card?

Can anyone point me to specs I can use to build the absolute fastest / high performance Mac Pro possible? Is it worth waiting a month or two in the event a new motherboard or CPU is on the horizon of being shipped?

I guess I'll also ask, is it possible to swap in future CPUs as they ship to keep the hackintosh I build as fast as possible (I'm using it to run simulations where speed is of the essence)? I suppose for this case I'd need to install a motherboard that allows swapping out the CPU.

Thank you.

Sandisk SSD Drives Do Not Last ... Poor Service and Quality ... Locked up after 1 Day ... Going Back to Intel No Worries and Great Service .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back