Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2013

Hello. Is it possible to know, when I read buyer's guide does it mean that the suggested motherboards are fully compatible with suggested version of Mac OS? If yes, does it mean that I don't need user's DSDT to use ? It will work with UniBeast and original Mac OS X 10.7 USB thumb ? Am I right ?

P.S. Is any way to have clean installation by using UniBeast and original Mac OS X 10.7 USB thumb without involving 10.6 installation ?
Only if you have a running Mac or Hack to create a UniBeast drive from the Apple Store 10.7 USB drive.

Does anybody know whether the GA-B75M-D3H will work just as good as the GA-B75M-D3P. The only difference that I can see via their website is that the D3H has the Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) network chip and the D3P has the Realtek 8111DP chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) chip. Any input would be appreciated as the D3H is much easier for me to get hold of.

Yes, I'm typing on my GA-B75M-D3H CustoMac right now. Straight-forward UniBeast install.

Will the gt640 hdmi sound work straight away or will it still need patching.

If you look at the separate graphics cards section you'll see six different brands
that you could choose from. GB and Asus are in that list. Any of them will
work in a Customac Pro build.

So you are saying that if i bought the GA-Z77X-UP5-TH any of those Graphic Cards will work
BEcause i thought that it has to be the same brand as the Mother Board.

Is the Xeon e3-1200 series compatible with mac os x??

If i choose customacpro. What is difficulties and problems i'll get? Compare from my original iMac 21 i5 512 & Final Cut Pro X. Plz let me know?
CustoMac Pro

We removed the CPU cooler from all of the builds that come with a fully functional stock CPU cooler.

You may use any 3rd party CPU cooler from the list on any of these builds besides the standard CustoMac mini- the Apex and Thermaltake shoebox cases will fit only the stock or a low profile cooler.

Hope this helps!

The Rosewill FRX-100B PCI slot case cooler is a great addition to the Customac Mini build when using the integrated graphics. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200019. As far as CPU coolers go, I put a EVERCOOL HPL-815EP 45mm cooler on a i7-3770k in the Apex case and it just barely fits. FYI the fan on it is pretty loud.

Something I've noticed is that the CustoMac Pro LGA 2011 builds that doesn't appear to make sense...

With the i7-3960x CPU, the recommended Motherboard (in both Feb '13 and Mar '13) is a Gigabyte
GA-X79S-UP5 paired with a Corsair Graphite 600T case... When I look at the attached Newegg links the motherboard doesn't appear that it would fit in that case.

The
Corsair Graphite 600T specs say it can have micro-ATX or ATX motherboards.... But the Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5 is an Extended ATX (EATX) motherboard.

It would appear to me that the GA-X79-UP4 or GA-X79-UD3 motherboard would work, since they are ATX form factor...

Did I miss something?

JW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back