Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2013

Memory should be ok, as long as it's not laptop memory. Any SATA HD should work. Not sure about that WiFi card. Why not buy the one suggested in the buyer's guide?

Hi, thnx for previous answer but I have one more question - Is this matter for CustoMac Pro the motherboard is will be GA-Z77X-UD5H or it's ok also for Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H??
thnx.

It is possible to develop for iOS and publish apps on app store on custoMacPro and it's legally?

I have a Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M motherboard and I've been doing some research about this board. Would it be fair to say that it should work just fine with this motherboard, if I just disable sleep-mode (no need for that)?

First of all i just want to thank everyone working and helping in this forum EVERYONE..
I wish we can pay back for your help..

i finally planned to get new custom PC and hackintosh is one of the reason for getting new rig..So i decided to go with CustoMac pro but for my bad luck i can't get all parts down here..and if i buy it online it'll double the cost for me..
CPU i can get it
MOBO they said still not out so can i get any other brand would work out of box with Z77 chip??if yes then please tell us what's the best option we can go for(ASUS-MSI-ASROCK..etc ) ..
Will the built-in Lan card would work ??
Ram (16GB) also not there yet so can we get Kingstone OCZ or any other brands??if yes then please mention it up there like you did for Graphic cards.. and do it with any other parts if possible..
Graphic available with different brand so im sure it's not a problem..
storage i guess it's optional so i got SSD vertex 4 (For OS)and HDD 1 TB blue WD(For data)..
power supply wifi card and case are optional so no problem ..

I hope it's not too much too answer but i'm sure it'll help a lot of people who doesn't get these parts..

Thanks again :)

No reply yet!! I hope i can find an answer.. :D

Hello. Is it possible to know, when I read buyer's guide does it mean that the suggested motherboards are fully compatible with suggested version of Mac OS? If yes, does it mean that I don't need user's DSDT to use ? It will work with UniBeast and original Mac OS X 10.7 USB thumb ? Am I right ?

P.S. Is any way to have clean installation by using UniBeast and original Mac OS X 10.7 USB thumb without involving 10.6 installation ?

Many thanks for this great guide!
I want to submit i correction that i found during the order for my CustoMac Pro Socket 2011.
The motherboard does not fit into the Corsair Graphite 600T as the GA-X79S-UP5 is E-ATX.
I know its a minor detail i thought it would be useful to inform

Many thanks again for the great work!
Regards
Skurias

The GA-X79S-UP5 will fit in the 600T as it's not a real E-ATX board. It's a slightly deeper than standard ATX boards, but standard width. However it won't fit in any other Corsair case as they have recessed motherboard mounts and it blocks access to the bottom SATA ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back