Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive bought a Nvidia GT 640 and the HDMI Audio isnt working , im not smart enough to play with my DSDT to configure it. So working OOB but no HDMI Audio

Any tips on selecting a CF card reader that can read 1000x cards at max read speed that are compatible with this guide?

I just built a CustoMac Pro with the Thunderbolt Gigabyte board and would like to get a reader that would allow me to offload my CF content as fast as possible to my Thunderbolt GRAID 8TB drive.

I guess it seems like an actual Thunderbolt reader would be overkill while a USB 3.0 might be a better fit.

the last hack mac I tried to build was with 10.5 almost 3yrs ago. I am leaning to building a new hack mac pro style with OSX 10.8.x. A lot of the parts offerings are nice but the costs for shipping are horrendous for bulky parts. Wish you had links not just for Amazon US etc & Newegg, but for MicroCenter too. there is a MC in my area and I can save money by not paying shipping costs.

is there any support for these "fusion" drives or SSD/Hybrid drives?

So, since both mATX form factor boards that are recommended are discontinued (on NewEgg they make it seem like the mfr themselves have stopped shipping the boards), does anyone have any experience/other good recommendations? I'm looking at the Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H as a good alternative since it seems to be the successor to the recommended boards, but so far searching the forums has not yielded anything concrete one way or another in terms of compatibility. I hope the Buyer's Guide for July is updated to reflect the fact that the boards for the recommended build have been discontinued.

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide June 2013

So, since both mATX form factor boards that are recommended are discontinued (on NewEgg they make it seem like the mfr themselves have stopped shipping the boards), does anyone have any experience/other good recommendations? I'm looking at the Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H as a good alternative since it seems to be the successor to the recommended boards, but so far searching the forums has not yielded anything concrete one way or another in terms of compatibility. I hope the Buyer's Guide for July is updated to reflect the fact that the boards for the recommended build have been discontinued.
This board has a VIA audio codec which is only supported by VoodooHDA which has issues.

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide June 2013

I guess there's not a lot of demand for someone to make a driver that makes the wifi card work on the GA-Z77N-WIFI and GA-H77N-WIFI motherboards??
Such a shame both dont work :/

Hi,

I would like to thank Tonymac & Bitdoctor, to everyone involve in keeping this site going, and also those who shared their problem solution. Without you guys i wouldn't be able to have my hackintosh mountain lion, which by the way i finished building and installing 2 days ago. This was my first time build and successful hackintosh. Had AMD prior, able to install snow leopard but was not happy. I have copied Bitdoctors specs, except i have 120gb 840 series SSD & dont have wireless card.
So far had 1 crash, greenish screen. When i reboot after installation i had to type PCIRootID=0 to boot and install multibeast. I must admit i am a noob in this and it was just a fluke.:)

Once again, tnx a lot guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back