Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bluetooth adapter for 10.6 link for UK is currently unavailable.

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide June 2013

No I would also appreciate a better overview for this. For example there could be a special area on this site where you can enter motherboard, graphics and so on and it gives you the perfect multibeast options!

Now that would be awesome! It'd be a ton of work though, too...

No I would also appreciate a better overview for this. For example there could be a special area on this site where you can enter motherboard, graphics and so on and it gives you the perfect multibeast options!

A dropdown where you select your particular Motherboard would automatically select the options for built in hardware like onboard Video, Sound, Chipset, etc. For Video Cards, Trim etc. you select those as you currently do.

This would probably save hunting down articles.

Other option maybe to have a configuration export/import option so people with similar hardware can contribute and others can import and install.

Just a couple of suggestions.
:eek:)

I have a question regarding to the TP-Link Wifi Module.

The amazon links goes to the TL-WDN4800. Is the WDN-3800 or the WD-881 choosen within the article options at amazon also supported?

No i dont think they are supported, it has to be WDN4800, because it has a specific Atheros Chipset that is supported by OSX 10.8 out of the box.

I think its worth the money, i have the WDN4800 myself and it work flawlessly.

Not to get too off topic, I disagree with a guide to ideal settings dependant on board. This site does not need to make things so incredibly easy for users as when things go wrong, they lack basic know how on trouble solving. More importantly, making such a procedure may become more mainstream, attracting Apples attention and ultimately making the current niche of hackintoshing harder.

There's no support yet in Mac OS X for Haswell or for HD 5000 or HD 4600. Whey would they recommend hardware that isn't yet supported?

Well, strictly speaking that's not quite so. There *is* support for Haswell and HD 5000 in the built of 10.8.4 that's running on the new MacBook Airs. But since that code isn't part of the standard ML installation (the one from the App Store) yet - something that will most likely change with 10.8.5 or Mavericks at the latest - there's no point of including Haswell motherboards or CPUs in this guide as of yet.

Still waiting for a mITX mobo with Thunderbolt support so I can use my Thunderbolt Display.

Here's a bit of info I hope you can put to good use:

Micro Center (www.[B]microcenter[/B].com/‎) is selling i7 4770K for $279.99 - regular price, not a sale.

Im buying it tomorrow and waiting to purchase GA-Z87X-UD7 TH mobo when its available at Amazon or Newegg this August.

Extra $70 will come in handy!

not to be ungrateful, but several items on this list (which I have waited for) are outdated or discontinued. Things like GA-B75M-D3P motherboard and a few of the display cards are no longer available from newegg. I was hoping for a refresh or updated information on their replacements which didn't happen. I wonder how the equipment compatibility testing is done, and how do they make the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back