Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me if the Vengeance RAM is recommended or we can use other brand to
Thanks!

I recommend ditching Fractal Design Core 1000 in favor of Cooler Master N200. Size wise it's nearly the same thing but CM packs a lot of great features.

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide July 2013

Sadly, I can't seem to find a GA-Z77X-UP5-TH in the UK for love nor money. Unless I choose to import one. The suppliers tell me its being discontinued?

I bought a GA-Z77X-UD5H instead, but they're getting a little thin on the ground also...

Same problem here in Austria.. any Thunderbolt-Motherboard alternatives?

Im anxiously waiting for '87 to be supported im still sitting on my old 1366 Core i7 920. Badly need an upgrade :D

I currently use the I7 970 6 core, I have built a few lga 1155 1156 and 1150 intel cpu versions and they are still rubbish compared to my 6 core / 12 thread

Can anyone confirm that the MSI GTX 660 TF OC 2GB is compatible in OS X?

Hi guys, a bit of advice on the suggested builds above. I'm looking at the budget mATX build and i'm thinking of switching out the i5k for the i7k, mainly because I want this to last at least 5 years - so i'm thinking of longevity for any future programs that might come out...I could overclock if required and upgrade the ram.

I'm a graphic/web designer with a 3D background. My work spans a variety of aspects from a lot of photoshop work (sometimes 90 sheet billboards) or 1080p aftereffects videos to hypershot 3d model rendering. So i'm thinking the budget mATX plus the graphics card should see me well through for the next few years.

Would there be any problems with using the i7k over the i5k?

Regarding BD-ROM drives, the linked LG player above (UH12NS29) is out of stock at Newegg, and only available from a 3rd party seller on Amazon.

Does anyone know if this one (UH12NS30) will work as a substitute? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136268

Seems to both the motherboards for the ATX have been discontinued in NZ now. Hoping there's gonna be a buyers guide with newer compatible boards soon

Is the Wifi Card (TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter) necessari if you use ethernet cable?
No, pretty sure it would not be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back