Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide January 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide January 2013

helo)) Who can tell me.... Is it any different for os x wich HDD I will use?
[h=1]SEAGATE ST31000524AS Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5 [/h]or
1 Tb SATA 6Gb/s Seagate Constellation CS <ST1000NC000> 3.5" 7200rpm 64Mb

you can use just about any HDD you want as long as the Moutain Lion parttion is <1tb... Use a 128gig SSD if you can you won't regret how fast this thing will boot and you have enough space to install all your apps on a SSD of this size, use a secondary normal mechanical drive for your data and you will have a super fast system.

I am interested in building this PRO setup, as I am planning to run on dual boot, with Windows for Starcraft 2 only. However, I cannot gate that specific mother here in Singapore. Will the GIGABYTE Z77-D3H work for the pro socket 11 setup here?

Another thing is the video card. I'm planning to use ASUS GTX 670 DCU II, is this compatible as well?

The reason why I would be doing this is that I am a MAC user, but I will need to build a gaming computer soon, and I hope I can have the best of both worlds on this one.

I HAVE A GA-Z77-DS3H i got it because is the COSTOMAC BUDGET ATX BUT IS NOT IN THE DSDT DATABASE DO I NEED THE DSDT FOR THIS ???

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide January 2013

I HAVE A GA-Z77-DS3H i got it because is the COSTOMAC BUDGET ATX BUT IS NOT IN THE DSDT DATABASE DO I NEED THE DSDT FOR THIS ???

Read the rules, cross posting is not allowed, you posted this question 3 times and have had it answered in one of your threads.

Also there's no need TO SHOUT!!!

Can i also use a GigaByte GA-B75M-D3V with a Intel core i5 3470?

Thanks!!!

Corsair TX650M (8 Pin EPS) vs GA-Z77N-WIFI (4 Pin EPS)

I just built the CustoMac Mini Deluxe to Tonymac's specs (February 2013). The Corsair TX650 Modular power supply has a 8 pin EPS CPU power cable. The problem is that the motherboard (
GA-Z77N-WIFI)
has a 4 pin slot. What should I do?

is Compatibe CustoMac Pro with intel graphics 4000?
I can accelerate graphics with this motherboard and this prosesador?
this hardware:
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH,,,,,Intel Core i7-3770K,,,,,,,,,,16GB 1600Mhz DDR3,,,,SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HD, mountain lion

So will any current intel chip work? I'm looking at using the i7 sandybridge 3.2 thunderbolt. Tia dubliner.

Thanks for the buyers guides I have many people ask about my maxed bitfenix prodigy and I just send them a link here haha.

Is an i3,5,7 cpu necessary when using a discrete graphics card? Is there any reason I can use the lower cost but just as powerful Pentiums?
The only advantage I see is that the iCore cpu's have integrated graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back