Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

GA-Z77N-WIFI is only if you want to overclock
Comment from youtube about overclocking GA-Z77N-WIFI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3KQIB-lVo0

Beaware that this board does not overclock, only has 4 phase vrm and no controls in bios for vcore etc. If you want to overclock look elsewhere! very dissapointing by Gigabyte, might aswell have just made h77 boards and not z77!

Hello,

Thx for all the precious informations, great work.
I was wondering if it was possible to take the motherboard from the CustoMac Budget ATXconfig (GA-Z77-DS3H) when building a CustoMac Pro config.

The reason I'm asking this is, well... I'm on a budget ! ;)
And I would like to know if a gamer config is ok with this less expensive motherboard.

Will I encounter any problem with an i5 or i7 and a GTX 660 Ti or better later on ?

Thx a lot.

I am totally confused... I purchased all of the components to build theCustoMac Budget ATX that has 16GB RAM and in the instructions to install Mac OS you state use no more than 4GB RAM. Do I need to buy 4GB or can I use the 16GB? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

The 4GB RAM limitation for install no longer applies.

Hi!
I saw that there is the ud5h. Why the z77x-u isnt in the list

This is a great guide. Thanks for give such great guidance. One question can I still use 10.6.8 without upgrading to Lion on the
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
motherboard and the Thunderbolt port to work. I really want to stay at 10.6.8 because of my nvidia card 240GT. Thanks for the help.

No as Mountain Lion 10.8.x is the only version that officially supports Ivy Bridge processors and motherboards.

Also, the 240 GT is still supported in Mountain Lion which support 9xxx cards and later.

I am curious about the graphics cards, there are many different brands for one specific chip.
But as I remember/know I did have difficulties to find the right working card ( reed brand ) for my EP45-ds3p. Some didn't work at all and some partly.

So my question, what about the chosen graphic cards cq brand in the lists? Can I think of the chosen one as a certified one? ;)

OK for graphics card AMD came out with the 7950 Mac Edition will that work better for a Hackintosh as well as go with the whole white color scheme(which I am a stickler for damn near everything must match)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back