Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Nvidia Quadro 600 is support?

Impressed again for amazing work. THX!

hi its my first time guy a system for a hackintosh and i was wondering how strict are the limitations on the parts when buying, i know motherboard cpu and that have to be specific for compatibility but can any cooling units be used, ram and ssd's or do some ssd's, ram etc cause compatibility issues. also is there a reason for the ram capped at 16 gig for 1155 sockets?

Anyone who is savvy to GPUs know which (if any) of the Buyer's Guide graphics cards has a mini-display port? I don't want to have to use DP> mini-DP adapter as there are some issues with auto-power on/off with Cinema Display

This is my second hackintosh rig that I'm building. I am running into a Kernel Panic at the first sign of the apple logo, with the words "there should be 4 threads, but only found 5" at the top of the screen. I've googled the problem and tried different combos of UEFI settings including:

HPET enabled
AHCI enabled
Wake on Lan disabled

I've also tried booting the installer with: Graphicsenabler=no PCIRootUID=0 -x -v ...none of which helped.

I've tried removing the graphics card and running from the integrated GPU.

I am using the following hardware:
Gigabyte Z77-UD5H
Intel Core i5-3570K
8GB Corsair DD3 1600
EVGA GTX 650 2048GB

Any help would be appreciated!

question about the new links:

If I click a hardware link to, say Amazon, (and my account auto-enters) and then add other stuff I want (like DVDs), will this site get commission credit for my other purchases?

Can i use the evga gtx 660 ti superclocked edition as well. Does that work? Please help i'm new to this

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

Very interesting forum, I never knew that I can build a "cheap" Mac ... ;-) - but now I will do so.

I will have to buy some new components, but I'm wondering if my graphics card will work as it's not listed.
It's an Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX670-DC2T-2GD5, that's the overclocked version of the recommended GTX670-DC2-2GD5. Would be awesome, if I hadn't to buy a new, slower card.
Sorry if that is a dumb question ...

Thanks in advance
Peter (Germany)
It will work when you get an new CPU and motherboard, http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

Hey Hughjass,
Have u configure your build up already? has anyone attend to your inquiry?

Im looking to build a customac for editing too (FCPX). Best would be for the Final Cut Studio suites.

Do share your finding with me if u dont mind, cheers.

My build is coming along nicely - scored some sweet deals. Picked up the recommended Gigabyte MB for $250. Lots of Sandforce SSD deals the past week.

I still need the 3930k (waiting for it to come back down to $499. It was $399 during Black Friday). And I haven't figured out which video card would work best. Narrowed it down to the Radeon 6870 or a GTX 560/570/580. Leaning toward the Radeon 6870 since more people have had FCPX success with it. I'll start a build thread once I have all the parts.

thanks looks a nice beginin to mac world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back