Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

Hi, I have Ivy Corei5 3470. Is that CPU ok for ML 10.8.2?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
mother board: Gigabyte z77-ds3h
video: internal

Anyone got an answer to this?

have a look around the forum, these questions are usually asked.
samsung and pioneer drives work great.

...or this?
its just a case. pick whatever suits you. doesnt have to be on a list

Hi, I have Ivy Corei5 3470. Is that CPU ok for ML 10.8.2?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
mother board: Gigabyte z77-ds3h
video: internal

yes, but youll need a graphics card. the onboard graphics on that cpu arent supported

Hey guys, I am building a MAC. First time :) Not sure if Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD will work?

yes it will. as will pretty much any other ssd

I'm about to build my first CustoMac Pro, but here in Singapore both the recommended motherboards(GA-Z77X-UD5H and GA-Z77X-UP5-TH) have been discontinued. Do you have any alternate suggestions/recommendations?

Great!!!, I want to build the budget Mac with Core i3... But I have a question, why to choose for a 600W PSU?

I have at home a be Quiet 450W that I use now with an Athlon 2 x4, 2SSD, 4HDD and a GTX 450 and it works perfect... And I just want to buy a new mobo and CPU for now... If everything goes OK, then i will think to build an i7...

Should I buy a new PSU? Or can I use the one I have?

Thank you!

have a look around the forum, these questions are usually asked.
samsung and pioneer drives work great.

its just a case. pick whatever suits you. doesnt have to be on a list

yes, but youll need a graphics card. the onboard graphics on that cpu arent supported

yes it will. as will pretty much any other ssd

Cheers Samisnake. One should look in the Accessories section before asking one's question.

I'm about to build my first CustoMac Pro, but here in Singapore both the recommended motherboards(GA-Z77X-UD5H and GA-Z77X-UP5-TH) have been discontinued. Do you have any alternate suggestions/recommendations?

what motherboards are available

Great!!!, I want to build the budget Mac with Core i3... But I have a question, why to choose for a 600W PSU?

I have at home a be Quiet 450W that I use now with an Athlon 2 x4, 2SSD, 4HDD and a GTX 450 and it works perfect... And I just want to buy a new mobo and CPU for now... If everything goes OK, then i will think to build an i7...

Should I buy a new PSU? Or can I use the one I have?

Thank you!

depends what else your gonna add, eg. a graphics card etc. but that 450w be quiet will be fine with a new build

I'm about to build a Hackintosh for Final Cut Pro X and would like to go with a Socket 2011 board and an i7 3930k. However, the description above mentions: "These rigs are the most powerful single CPU systems you can build. Warning: Power Management is NOT working, and may not ever work. This means no speedstep, sleep, etc..."

What exactly does that mean? Will my fans be blowing at full speed all the time?

Im aiming to build a customac pro socket 2011 and on the list is only the GA-X79-UD5 mobo, wondering if thats just the best option or the other ones do not support 6 core i7, if so which would; preferably one with a thunderbolt port. Also I dont see the Intel 3970x processor is it not compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back