CPU
Intel core i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello to all,
I bought it from amazon motherboard GA-Q77M-D2H, and then I discovered that there is no DSDT file.
Why is the recommended if the file does not yet exist (DSDT)?
IL My reason is that every time I have to start the operating system from pen drive.
Is there any other solution?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello to all,
I bought it from amazon motherboard GA-Q77M-D2H, and then I discovered that there is no DSDT file.
Why is the recommended if the file does not yet exist (DSDT)?
IL My reason is that every time I have to start the operating system from pen drive.
Is there any other solution?

If you've run multibeast and installed the chimera boot loader and it still won't boot check your UEFI bios settings.
:arrow: http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

UEFI is the reason you don't need a dsdt for the Q77M. It has to be set up properly to work. Good Luck.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WIFI
CPU
i7-3820
Graphics
GTS 250
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

My third Hackintosh is a Core i7 with a 250 GTS. It works great now. The original install was 10.6, upgrade to 10.6.1 and then 10.6.2 with no problems. When I upgraded to 10.6.3, it broke my install. I have 3 hard drives in that computer so I installed 10.6.4 and that also broke. After many hours, I fixed it. I have Windows 7 on the third HD.

Your gtx650 will not work with 10.6.3 without major hacking.

My next and 4th Hackintosh will have a 670 or 680 graphics board.

Could you get your GTS 250 to work with mountain lion?

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i5 3570K
Graphics
Nvidia GT240
Mac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Tony!
Any idea what the real difference between GA-H77N-WIFI and GA-Z77N-WIFI? At gigabyte.com it's looking pretty close to each other. By the way what's the main purpose of using TP-Link PCI Express wifi adapter? Does it means that build in onboard wifi-bluetoth 4.0 from gigabyte is not working?

Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
I5
Graphics
integrated
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Hi Tony!
Any idea what the real difference between GA-H77N-WIFI and GA-Z77N-WIFI? At gigabyte.com it's looking pretty close to each other. By the way what's the main purpose of using TP-Link PCI Express wifi adapter? Does it means that build in onboard wifi-bluetoth 4.0 from gigabyte is not working?
GA-Z77N-WIFI is only if you want to overclock, and yes the wifi is not working with this card you need to upgrade

Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i5 3570K
Graphics
Nvidia GT240
Mac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

GA-Z77N-WIFI is only if you want to overclock
Comment from youtube about overclocking GA-Z77N-WIFI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3KQIB-lVo0

Beaware that this board does not overclock, only has 4 phase vrm and no controls in bios for vcore etc. If you want to overclock look elsewhere! very dissapointing by Gigabyte, might aswell have just made h77 boards and not z77!

Motherboard
mbp
CPU
c2d
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello,

Thx for all the precious informations, great work.
I was wondering if it was possible to take the motherboard from the CustoMac Budget ATXconfig (GA-Z77-DS3H) when building a CustoMac Pro config.

The reason I'm asking this is, well... I'm on a budget ! ;)
And I would like to know if a gamer config is ok with this less expensive motherboard.

Will I encounter any problem with an i5 or i7 and a GTX 660 Ti or better later on ?

Thx a lot.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H Rev 1.1
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 650Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am totally confused... I purchased all of the components to build theCustoMac Budget ATX that has 16GB RAM and in the instructions to install Mac OS you state use no more than 4GB RAM. Do I need to buy 4GB or can I use the 16GB? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Obvious Answer Man

Super Moderator

The 4GB RAM limitation for install no longer applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.