Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97i Gaming ACK
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 670
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

I'm about to build my first CustoMac Pro, but here in Singapore both the recommended motherboards(GA-Z77X-UD5H and GA-Z77X-UP5-TH) have been discontinued. Do you have any alternate suggestions/recommendations?

what motherboards are available

Great!!!, I want to build the budget Mac with Core i3... But I have a question, why to choose for a 600W PSU?

I have at home a be Quiet 450W that I use now with an Athlon 2 x4, 2SSD, 4HDD and a GTX 450 and it works perfect... And I just want to buy a new mobo and CPU for now... If everything goes OK, then i will think to build an i7...

Should I buy a new PSU? Or can I use the one I have?

Thank you!

depends what else your gonna add, eg. a graphics card etc. but that 450w be quiet will be fine with a new build

Motherboard
Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm about to build a Hackintosh for Final Cut Pro X and would like to go with a Socket 2011 board and an i7 3930k. However, the description above mentions: "These rigs are the most powerful single CPU systems you can build. Warning: Power Management is NOT working, and may not ever work. This means no speedstep, sleep, etc..."

What exactly does that mean? Will my fans be blowing at full speed all the time?

i2e

Motherboard
Macbook Pro
CPU
Core2
Graphics
N/A
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Im aiming to build a customac pro socket 2011 and on the list is only the GA-X79-UD5 mobo, wondering if thats just the best option or the other ones do not support 6 core i7, if so which would; preferably one with a thunderbolt port. Also I dont see the Intel 3970x processor is it not compatible?

Motherboard
Mac Book Pro
CPU
Unknown
Graphics
Unknown
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I know this is off topic and may come acorss as a newbe questions, but is it possible the use the gigabyte Ga-z77x-up4th Mother board in a Hackintosh ? In the past i have moded my MBP, so i'm not that fresh off the boat. Can someone offer advise ?

Motherboard
windows 7
CPU
intel
Graphics
intel
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I Want to Build a Video Editing Suite.

Hi TonyMacX86,

Im new in here, learnt about CustoMac/Hackintosh recently. Im looking at building a unit that can run video editing safely (FCPX).

I understand that using the right Graphic Card is the key to run FCPX, so i wonder what else is important.

I will only use the Mac for video editing, and as for the rest, i prefer to keep it simple by keeping it personal (PC).

I hope someone could help and advise me on this matter. Video film production is my job, and editing is essential to my pipeline.

Cheers.

Motherboard
windows 7
CPU
intel
Graphics
intel
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

I'm about to build a Hackintosh for Final Cut Pro X and would like to go with a Socket 2011 board and an i7 3930k. However, the description above mentions: "These rigs are the most powerful single CPU systems you can build. Warning: Power Management is NOT working, and may not ever work. This means no speedstep, sleep, etc..."

What exactly does that mean? Will my fans be blowing at full speed all the time?

Hey Hughjass,
Have u configure your build up already? has anyone attend to your inquiry?

Im looking to build a customac for editing too (FCPX). Best would be for the Final Cut Studio suites.

Do share your finding with me if u dont mind, cheers.

Motherboard
win7
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
i have done my install of 10.6.3 with gtx650, but he dont work. can you help me with this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.