Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is off topic and may come acorss as a newbe questions, but is it possible the use the gigabyte Ga-z77x-up4th Mother board in a Hackintosh ? In the past i have moded my MBP, so i'm not that fresh off the boat. Can someone offer advise ?

I Want to Build a Video Editing Suite.

Hi TonyMacX86,

Im new in here, learnt about CustoMac/Hackintosh recently. Im looking at building a unit that can run video editing safely (FCPX).

I understand that using the right Graphic Card is the key to run FCPX, so i wonder what else is important.

I will only use the Mac for video editing, and as for the rest, i prefer to keep it simple by keeping it personal (PC).

I hope someone could help and advise me on this matter. Video film production is my job, and editing is essential to my pipeline.

Cheers.

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

I'm about to build a Hackintosh for Final Cut Pro X and would like to go with a Socket 2011 board and an i7 3930k. However, the description above mentions: "These rigs are the most powerful single CPU systems you can build. Warning: Power Management is NOT working, and may not ever work. This means no speedstep, sleep, etc..."

What exactly does that mean? Will my fans be blowing at full speed all the time?

Hey Hughjass,
Have u configure your build up already? has anyone attend to your inquiry?

Im looking to build a customac for editing too (FCPX). Best would be for the Final Cut Studio suites.

Do share your finding with me if u dont mind, cheers.

i have done my install of 10.6.3 with gtx650, but he dont work. can you help me with this ?

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

Hi,
I have a
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H and EVGA GTX 650 garphics card.
I can only place 8 gb of memmory in my system because I have 2 8 gb memory modules.
How can I setup my gigabyte bios. I can't find the HPET 64 bit option in the bios. The bios is from september 2012.
I hope you can help me because I want to built a mac compatible pc.
Regard

Was wondering if anyone here has built a dual 6-core rig yet... im very interested in building a highend rig for 3d production and video editting, but am hesitant if no one's done it yet..

I was wondering if any of the cases supported thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back