Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great guide. Thank you very much. I did the CustoMac Mini Deluxe build with addition of:
Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer CPU cooler. Extremely efficient cooling with my i7 3770 @ 40 degrees Celsius with fans @ only 700RPM. I'm amazed.
Replacement of the onboard wifi Intel N2230 module with the Dell DW1515
Added the Iogear Bluetooth dongle
New wifi antennas from TP-link
An amazing machine with a Geekbench score over 14000

I have an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 and I'm about to buy the memory, here I can see Tony recommend (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233232&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=4902415&SID=) but there is a Golden build who recommend (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231502&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=4902415&SID=) the last one its 8 month old. My question is which one I should go for more performance?
Thanks for your help

No ones been able to get a driver working for the Bluetooth+Wifi card of the Z77 or H77 motherboards?
I suppose wake from sleep on Bluetooth works though right?

We really appreciate the Buyer's guide Tony, Thank you for keeping us Updated.

I Just Have a concern because I'm now looking to change my hard disk and I've looking around the web some really bad comments on Seagate Hard Disk.

Are you guys recommending those disks because they are affordable or are you choosing any specific model that does not have problems?
And is there any way that you can recommend us any Western Digital Disk for ours Hackintosh?

Thank you and again, Great Job.

Difficult to follow the Amazon links for Australia, have just finished building my customac from local suppliers but I'm so happy with it I'll be donating to show my support. :)

What about optical drives? Or they belongs for stone-age for now?
Sony Optiarc is going to cheese all production of optical drives (only small division for support PS3 stay) - what drive acts like real SuperDrive after Optiarc?

Thanks for adding uk stores just on me now to part with my cash to upgrade/build from this ancient system i have :)

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide February 2013

Hi,

Can you see any reason not to build the Customac Pro in a Fractal Design r4?

Thanks for the info by the way!

It's hard to believe that you are asking for "compatibility" for a case.
Get the cheapest or any other case you prefer. Tony is just giving you and advice, and if you use the shared links you're also supporting the site
also this applies to the PSU
Tony is sharing what you can purchase to build a hackintosh with no hassles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back