Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide December 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide December 2013

Hello ,I have a question ,do anyone know the answer? On the bestbuy menu "GA-Z87N-WIFI". I visit the gigabyte official web. this kind motherboard now has two part : one is v1.x , another is v.2.0 . Now I want to buy" GA-Z87N-WIFI"what kind of the mother board can successful install by multibest ? Because I see some old kind motherboards have different number on the last v1.0 v2.0 v3.0 .... Often it can install success in v1.0 but lose in v2.0 ,I don't what is right or the two all can do it. Thanks

Any retailer like Bestbuy with good turnover will likely have the latest revision of the
board to sell. If you get rev. 2 or 3 it shouldn't make any difference.

Please post any further questions in Buying Advice section of the forum thanks !

Hi every one, a big big thank you to every one, that's just awesome to have such build pre-tested so that anyone can build a CustoMac and to have such great software and tutorials !

One question :

I built a CustoMac with a Gigabyte Z87M-D3H motherboard, an i5-4670k and a
Fractal Design Core 1000, but I can't manage to get the Fractal embedded fan running. I cannot find where to plug every cable from the case on the motherboard, is there a way to find a picture or anything to help me ?

Thanks again !

many of the video cards are getting hard to find even in the buyers guide links show no longer sold. (lower end cards). it would be nice to see an update to the video cards with known good working cards a little easier to source.

thanks...

Hi every one, a big big thank you to every one, that's just awesome to have such build pre-tested so that anyone can build a CustoMac and to have such great software and tutorials !

One question :

I built a CustoMac with a Gigabyte Z87M-D3H motherboard, an i5-4670k and a
Fractal Design Core 1000, but I can't manage to get the Fractal embedded fan running. I cannot find where to plug every cable from the case on the motherboard, is there a way to find a picture or anything to help me ?

Thanks again !

There is a four pin system fan connection just next to the 8 pin 12 volt CPU power connector on the motherboard. The CPU fan socket is quite close too. I hope the case fan is a PWM type fitting.

Adrian B

many of the video cards are getting hard to find even in the buyers guide links show no longer sold. (lower end cards). it would be nice to see an update to the video cards with known good working cards a little easier to source.

thanks...

I don't disagree with what you say. Its quite common to find that as some models are discontinued, the latest new model is still not available. There will be a new buyers guide around the 15th. I am not convinced that suppliers have the new models yet. January could be a long month. Lets hope there are lots of new models becoming available soon. There should be some AMDs soon too.

Adrian B

Q;Does the HDD for the customac mini necessarily have to be sata 6gbs? its just im low on money and have a spare sata 3gbs drive here. oh and one more thing, i can use any 1600mhz ddr3 ram right?

Q;Does the HDD for the customac mini necessarily have to be sata 6gbs? its just im low on money and have a spare sata 3gbs drive here. oh and one more thing, i can use any 1600mhz ddr3 ram right?

You can use an existing HDD that you own. Be aware that you will need to create a boot drive with OS X on that is no bigger than 1TB - this is not down to OS X, but rather a restriction that easy to use boot loaders like Chimera and Chameleon have to live with. Clover is not subject to this restriction but is not considered noob friendly yet.

You will probably need to use macMans boot0 guide to overcome the 4k sector sizes that larger HDDs use.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Adrian B

Hi!

I am looking for components to build my own hackintosh.
ive selected these ones: https://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/4489960/2014-01-17

will it work? Do you have any suggestions?

I am mostly producing music and i really need an upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi!

I am looking for components to build my own hackintosh.
ive selected these ones: https://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/4489960/2014-01-17

will it work? Do you have any suggestions?

I am mostly producing music and i really need an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back