Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide December 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I was planning to get the ocz corextream 500w for my build, but I couldn't avoid noticing that it isn't one of the four listed above, so my question is if those that are here listed are the only ones that work with a mac system or are they just some samples and I can use the one that I had chose as long it is compatible with my cpu?
Thanks,
Hugo Pires

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide December 2013

Hi,
I was planning to get the ocz corextream 500w for my build, but I couldn't avoid noticing that it isn't one of the four listed above, so my question is if those that are here listed are the only ones that work with a mac system or are they just some samples and I can use the one that I had chose as long it is compatible with my cpu?
Thanks,
Hugo Pires

Hugo, you may use any brand of PSU that you wish. Many people have used OCZ Corestream PSUs and SSDs in the past.

Adrian B

Hi everyone, can anyone recommend a PCI gigabit ethernet card?

Hey guys. At first i would like to wish everyone happy new year. And now my question.
Im going to build my new CustoMac with Maverics, I've got 8GB of RAM, DDR3 already, but it's just 1333MHz. Will it work properly or I'm gonna need to buy new RAM with 1600MHz? Thanks

I'm curious about this as well... It seems like we might have to wait it out for more compatibility with MacPro upgrades?

So most of the Nvidia cards on this list aren't fully supported in Mavericks. I feel like we're giving bad advice to people out there coming to this list looking for compatible hardware.

There is a note that the GTX780 and above have issues - but really, ALL the kepler based cards should be marked as having issues IMO. For SURE the GTX 660 has power management issues. I really think they should be marked as having issues.

I know I'm really new here, and I don't want to make waves. But what is the proper way to bring this to an admins attention? This site is so awesome, and has helped me SO much! I just want to make sure we maintain the quality of advice given here :)

Does the
GA-Z87X-UD3H support 1.6 V RAM? Has anyone tried changing the Voltage in the UEFI Bios?

is there any GTX 780 / GTX 780 TI that is NOT GK110B-based ?

- - - Updated - - -

or should I ask, whats the most powerful GPU from nvidia thats fully compatible at the moment? would it be GTX 770 or something else?

Yes the 770 ist the most powerful single GPU thats fully compatible....(at the moment)
the 770 is GK104 based... All above it is GK110 Based

Hello ,I have a question ,do anyone know the answer? On the bestbuy menu "GA-Z87N-WIFI". I visit the gigabyte official web. this kind motherboard now has two part : one is v1.x , another is v.2.0 . Now I want to buy" GA-Z87N-WIFI"what kind of the mother board can successful install by multibest ? Because I see some old kind motherboards have different number on the last v1.0 v2.0 v3.0 .... Often it can install success in v1.0 but lose in v2.0 ,I don't what is right or the two all can do it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back