Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide August 2013

The
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH is now discontinued. Cant find it anywhere at a reasonable price.

love mine glad i got that board

I have an i5 4570 on a Gigabyte H87-HD3 motherboard running Elementary Linux. This is the third version of Linux I have tried today (Ubuntu 13.04 and Pear OS were the others) and I am shocked with what other people put up with for operating systems. Simple drag and drop - nope. Basic copy and paste between windows - nope. A top-down view of all storage devices - nope. Help -nope. And I thought Mac OS X was bad.

If this is how some people live, I am surprised there are not more suicides than there are.

Linux is a nightmare. No matter which of them. It is a highly untrusty platform for desktop computer, for Everyday, stable use.
It is a toy for boys, not a working desktop computer platform. It is ugly, dysfunctional, highly vulnerable to disaster of various sorts.
Simply- not working solution for productive, desktop computer. The Linux ugliness is unbearable, really.

Two years before, i "smell" the OSX after years of Windoze nightmares.
No way to go back for me.

The
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH is now discontinued. Cant find it anywhere at a reasonable price.

Hello,

There are still opportunities to get this motherboard cheap:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141039196005&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:FR:1123

We are partners with gigabyte from over a year and we still have 50 units grace to our close relationship with them. we do a destocking until January with one significant decline in prices.

We had a lot of requests lately because the old generation of intel motherboards are removed then there is still in stock.

This message is not an advertisement, but rather an aid to users who still want to get as many stores which sell this card to a reasonable prices, and everyone does not have the means to change of generation while the difference between the two is very low.

Thanks!

Another q: I'd like to use this case (Silverstone Sugo SG05B) but it doesn't have a DVD drive space (except for the slim DVD units, which are expensive—not really planning on getting one). But I'm assuming I can simply install the system using an 8GB usb key?

Thanks!

Another q: I'd like to use this case (Silverstone Sugo SG05B) but it doesn't have a DVD drive space (except for the slim DVD units, which are expensive—not really planning on getting one). But I'm assuming I can simply install the system using an 8GB usb key?

You should only need a DVD drive if you do not have access to a Mac/Hack with the ability to download 10.8.4 from the App Store. Even if this was the case then it is still possible to use an internal drive connected to power and by sata cable for the duration of the time required to install 10.6 and reach the app store.

I understand that external USB drives may not work for the purpose of using 10.6

Adrian B

Yeah, I've already bought 10.8 on my other Mac, so I guess I can USB that one and install it. In fact I think I've done that before, come to think of it...
So, essentially, external USB drives do work for =>10.7, but not for =<10.6?

So, essentially, external USB drives do work for =>10.7, but not for =<10.6?

I understand that is correct as 10.6 came on a disc - you must use the Retail Apple 10.6/10.6.3 disc. If you have 10.8, then you are pretty much good to go once you have all the hardware.

Adrian B

hello like to know if this graphics card works ?

ASUS GTX650TI-1GD5

I created my first Hackintosh specifications

Motherboard Asus P8Z77-M

Processor intel i5-3570

Memory Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB 1600mhz

Apple
OS X 10.8.2
Mountain Lion

Everything is working right sound net etc

I need a graphics card this graphics card works ?

ASUS GTX650TI-1GD5

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009KXWYIO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

hello like to know if this graphics card works ?

ASUS GTX650TI-1GD5

I created my firts Hackintosh specifications

Motherboard Asus P8Z77-M

Processor intel i5-3570

Memory Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB 1600mhz

Apple
OS X 10.8.2
Mountain Lion

Everything is working right sound net etc

I need a graphics card this graphics card works ?

ASUS GTX650TI-1GD5

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009KXWYIO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

Chus, the clue is that the link that you have provided comes from the TMX buyers guide.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...7xx-kepler-cards-work-graphicsenabler-no.html

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back