Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide April 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide April 2013

Hi I just got the motherboard
GA-Q77M-D2H but I don't know what DSDT file to download. Help please! Thanks!

There seems to be significant network connectivity problems(intermittent connection, drop after sleep, etc.) with the recommended TPLink wifi adapter (check out the Networking section in the forums). Wondering if there's a resolution or an alternative card that works better?

Hoping to get a response from tony.

There seems to be significant network connectivity problems(intermittent connection, drop after sleep, etc.) with the recommended TPLink wifi adapter (check out the Networking section in the forums). Wondering if there's a resolution or an alternative card that works better?

Thanks For that info :)

That Rosewill card works well for me.

Good jobs, (and thanx for french amazon's links)

can i build a custo mac mini wtihout GPU (using GA-Z77N-WIFI
Intel I5 ?CPU ones)

Buy the I5-3570K and you won't need a graphics card. It has integrated HD4000 which will work.
HD2500 in all the other I5's will not work without a lot of extra work on your part.

Well done, as always. You would be very safe in adding all the variants of the GA-B75M series of motherboards. They all work. The reason I say this is that the D3H, D3V, and H3D all cost less than the D3P, which makes them very appropriate for your budget CustoMac. My two cents worth. :)

Are you sure? coz in my place (South India) D3H is available but i couldn't find D3P both ways locally or online.

Greetings. I am new at this and please forgive my ignorant. With these HW spec, do I still need to use UniBeast and MultiBeast?

Hi!
I built succesfully a Hackintosh and I want to give it Wi-Fi, but I don't know which card to choose.
The Rosewill is cheaper than the TP-Link but, based on comments, the Rosewill apear to have lower signal strenght, is this right? Can tonymacx86 or someone else compare these two cards please?
Thanks
Louis

PS: Sorry for my bad English

I have both wireless cards. Both work the same as far as I'm concerned. Note: both of these cards use 2GHz & 5GHz wireless bands, not just 2GHz as with other wireless cards. They also use the same wireless chipset, and both go on sale.

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter,2.4GHz 450Mbps/5Ghz 450Mbps, IEEE 802.1a/b/g/n,WEP, WPA/WPA2
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GMPZ0A/

Rosewill Wireless N Dual Band Adapter IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n PCI Express Up to 450Mbps Data (RNWD-N9003PCe)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009VKON0S/

Greetings. I am new at this and please forgive my ignorant. With these HW spec, do I still need to use UniBeast and MultiBeast?
Yes.

I suppose there could be a problem with some systems. However, both cards work w/o any issues on my systems. I have one TP-Link and two Roswill 3 antenna PCI-e cards, and all work well through out the house. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back