Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide April 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide April 2013

Hi !

I'm planning to do a B75 - i3-3225 - HD 4000 Build. Is it still worth the price, or should I wait the next line-up ?

Thanks for the updated guide !

The B75/i3-3225 is a lot of bang for the buck and I don't see that changing in the near future. You can easily build this combo for less than $400, especially if you use the D3H, D3V, or H3D versions of this motherboard because they are about $20 or more cheaper than the D3P in the guide. The total cost for the D3H, 1 TB drive, 8 GB RAM, 3225 I built for my son in a G5 case was $350. This combo was faster in benchmark testing than my Q6600 with a Radeon X1900XT (both tested in Windows 7 prior to installing Mountain Lion). As long as you're not a gamer, compiling video, or doing very CPU intensive activities you will be more than satisfied. :mrgreen:

Tom

Hey, do you guys know if the "Dell DW1515 U608F Wireless N Half Height Mini PCI-E Card" will work on the Hackintosh Mini Deluxe's motherboard for wifi? It says the wifi card that comes with it wont work for wifi, and that is the one thing I need.

The Dell wifi card is said to work in the intel NUC, so Im wondering if it will work natively on this motherboard. ( source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWbcV0KG_QM )

The link to the card is also found in the video's description

Thanks to anyone who can help answer this :D

UPDATE: According to the same guy who made the video mentioned above, IT DOES WORK!!! (btw guys the wifi card is $15 on amazon) and apparently runs natively!

Hey, do you guys know if the "Dell DW1515 U608F Wireless N Half Height Mini PCI-E Card" will work on the Hackintosh Mini Deluxe's motherboard for wifi? It says the wifi card that comes with it wont work for wifi, and that is the one thing I need.

The Dell wifi card is said to work in the intel NUC, so Im wondering if it will work natively on this motherboard. ( source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWbcV0KG_QM )

The link to the card is also found in the video's description

Thanks to anyone who can help answer this :D

UPDATE: According to the same guy who made the video mentioned above, IT DOES WORK!!! (btw guys the wifi card is $15 on amazon) and apparently runs natively!

Yes it works perfectly !

Hi, you can add GA-Z77-HD4. I am using it without problem. (Only with Multibeast)

What about CPU and GPU liquid cooling system? with tubes, pump and that kind of staff... which one do you recommend?
Thank you very much! :)

Why not add an apple styled case to the lists? A silver FT03 mini for example?

Is there any difference for Hackintosh between the following CPUs ?

i7-3770K
i7-3770T
i7-3770S
i7-3770

As far as I know original MACs use only (i7-3770S, i7-3770) and some QM and M modifications of i7 specially produced for apple, but never K modification as listed here. Please explain.

I think any version of the 3770 works cuz I have a 3770k and it's perfect. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back