Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi thelostswede :)

Is there a difference between the recommended Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P and Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H?

I mention this because i only find on sale D3H at this moment in Spain.

I have seen on Gigabyte's website that comes with Display Port and more sata 6G.
But have any relevant difference with D3H for hackintosh?

Thanks.

That's pretty much it, slightly different slot layout and a few other minor things that don't really matter.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/comparison/list.aspx?ck=2&pids=4150,4203

hey i have i7-2600k with H77-DS3H and gtx 670 , will mountain lion work fine ??
i think parts are compatible :S

Wait until a cheaper customac buyer's guide released, the cost of ivy bridge nowadays is too high...
Maybe the guide 2011 is more suitable for me:oops:

Looks like the mATX options are pretty weak and as expected, Asus, MSI, Asrock and so on are continuing to be somewhat unsupported...

Thanks! I've been waiting! :wave:

Wait until a cheaper customac buyer's guide released, the cost of ivy bridge nowadays is too high...
Maybe the guide 2011 is more suitable for me:oops:

Any Ivy Bridge CPU will work, as long as you use a graphics card, but that also adds additional cost so...
The problem is that Apple only support the Intel HD 4000 graphics and currently there are a very limited number of desktop CPUs with HD 4000 graphics. A Core i3 model is expected to launch within this quarter though.

Looks like the mATX options are pretty weak and as expected, Asus, MSI, Asrock and so on are continuing to be somewhat unsupported...

Anyone is free to use those boards, but considering the minimal work you have to do with Gigabyte's boards... especially now that you don't even need a DSDT file, it's hard to motivate the extra hassle of going with a different board. Each to their own though, but please be aware that we don't have anything against other brands as such, but their hardware is simply not as easy to use for a hack.

Thank you my friends, I look forward to building my first Hackintosh with these recommendations and instructions! I'm sure I'll be very active in the community in these next few weeks, so please be kind when I post rookie questions! Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back