Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I've been looking daily for this.

This is great! Thanks for getting this out. Question: what should those of us who are looking for an mini-itx solution? Are you planning on adding those motherboards to this list, or should we assume the itx version of some of these boards will work? Thanks again!

Great parts selection! I think though that it would be important to list the different Intel graphics on the different processors. I got the i5-3570K not because of it being unlocked, but because it has the HD4000 graphics. Just my .02

This is great! Thanks for getting this out. Question: what should those of us who are looking for an mini-itx solution? Are you planning on adding those motherboards to this list, or should we assume the itx version of some of these boards will work? Thanks again!

There will be a separate buyers guide for this at a later point in time.

Great parts selection! I think though that it would be important to list the different Intel graphics on the different processors. I got the i5-3570K not because of it being unlocked, but because it has the HD4000 graphics. Just my .02

Hence why we're currently only recommending the CPUs with HD4000 graphics for LGA-1155 boards

If I have a Core i5 2500K (Sandy Bridge) that I would like to get a little more life out of and upgrade to a Z77 board, can I still go DSDT free? Or is that only when they're coupled with Ivy bridge processors?

If I have a Core i5 2500K (Sandy Bridge) that I would like to get a little more life out of and upgrade to a Z77 board, can I still go DSDT free? Or is that only when they're coupled with Ivy bridge processors?

DSDT free, not SSDT free. Also note that the HD3000 graphics seems to be glitchy in combination with a Z77 board and OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back