Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im on the band wagon :)

does native support mean that a DSDT is not required?

if a DSDT is required, i cant find them for any of these motherboards in the DSDT database ...

Thanks a bunch for the guide guys! Yes OS X Fans, you may have your apple-cake and eat it too!

To people asking about Z77 mATX boards, one probable reason TonyMac only listed Q77 and B75 is b/c the Z77 board (current) and Z77 TH board (coming in a matter of days/weeks) are listed with Via audio, not Realtek. Via audio is not supported. There are software workarounds but they are not 100%. You can use USB audio, but TonyMac's Customac suggestions usually aim for best possible compatibility.

I personally will be going with the GA Z77MX-D3H TH (Thunderbolt) and using USB audio, but mostly because I want to OC.

Anyone know why Sandisk Extremes are the only recommended SSDs?

I was planning to use a Crucial M4 msata because it's a msata unit that approaches the price and performance level of a standard SSD.

If the Sandisk is more compatible with ML, however, I'd much rather use one of those.

@tony:
I regocnized that you recommend the Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P for the cheapest Customacbuild but actually this mainboard isnt available in Germany (for example). Iam using the Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H, can you tell me the difference between this two boards?

Hi there seem to be 3 B75M options:

GA-B75M-D3H Realtek ALC887 codec, Realtek GbE LAN and AMD CrossFireX support
GA-B75M-D3V Realtek ALC887 codec, Realtek 8111F chip LAN (16 GB of system memory)
GA-B75M-D3P Realtek ALC887 codec, Realtek 8111DP LAN and AMD CrossFireX support

In Australia the D3H and D3V are easy to find. I hope the GA-B75M-D3H can be added to the list next to the B75M-D3P.

To people asking about Z77 mATX boards, one probable reason TonyMac only listed Q77 and B75 is b/c the Z77 board (current) and Z77 TH board (coming in a matter of days/weeks) are listed with Via audio, not Realtek. Via audio is not supported.

Well I'm using a PCI audio device (Creatuve Audigy 4) to get sourround sound, so it would be fine for me.

Tragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back