Contribute
Register

Building 1st Hackintosh, have compatibility question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 780Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am building my first Hackintosh and I am wondering if this hardware will be compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

CPU- i7 4770k
MOBO- GA-Z97X-UD3H
Graphics- Nvidia GTX 780ti (Gigabyte brand w/ ACX Cooler)
Memory- G.Skill Trident X 8GB
HDD- Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 3TB
PSU- EVGA 850 watt "Supernova" Gold Certified

This is the first computer I have ever built, so I am super excited it's a hackintosh.

(I have a MacBook Pro, and have created the Unibeast drive with 10.9 Mavericks.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

With Mavericks it will work perfectly. I don't know if with OS X 10.10 it will work or not, but we'll see.

I am building my first Hackintosh and I am wondering if this hardware will be compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

CPU- i7 4770k
MOBO- GA-Z97X-UD3H
Graphics- Nvidia GTX 780ti (Gigabyte brand w/ ACX Cooler)
Memory- G.Skill Trident X 8GB
HDD- Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 3TB
PSU- EVGA 850 watt "Supernova" Gold Certified

This is the first computer I have ever built, so I am super excited it's a hackintosh.

(I have a MacBook Pro, and have created the Unibeast drive with 10.9 Mavericks.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

The Z97 chipset boards are new, so are not recommended on the buyers guide just yet. Having said that, search the forum as there does seem to be ways of making it work as well as the Z87 boards. IIRC the new audio on the Z97 was causing issues, but there looks to be a fix for that now.

The 780ti requires a little extra tweaking as well, so again search the forum and do your homework on whats needed for that as well (Nvidia drivers, etc.).

You only have a mechanical hard drive. Given the high specs of your other components I would definitely look at getting an SSD for the boot drive. Just a HDD is going to ruin the performance of your otherwise very high spec build.

If you are over clocking, you are also going to need an after market cooler for the CPU. Not listed in your post, but perhaps you already know this! :thumbup:

10.10 isn't publicly released so, in line with the forum rules, am not allowed to discuss it. I can tell you that your system should be great for Mavericks though.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back