i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, guys ! I would like to upgrade my MB and CPU. My main goal is PCI-E 4.0 support to uncover all capabilities of my RX 6900 XT.
I need it for play games on Windows mostly. So, the Mac build could be ran in the backward-compatibility mode (e.g. PCI-E 3.0 and to have CPUID spoofed to 10gen). But if it's possible to run PCI-E 4.0 on Mac too it would be good of course ;)

According to the Intel specifications for the z590 chipset to run 4.0 I need to use 11gen CPU (which isn't supported on macOS and probably won't be supported in future).

I'm targeting onto Z590 AORUS PRO AX Motherboard (or any other model of "Z590 Pro" class like MSI Z590-I PRO, Asus ROG Strix Z590-A) and Intel Core i9 11900K

Does anyone had experience with such boards / CPUs ? I have read that there are issues with Thunderbolt but as I've understood they're related to the iGPU, right ? The dedicated video card should work without any issues ?
Or maybe someone could suggest better solution to reach PCI-E 4.0 support on Windows and maximal compatibility with macOS ? I'm ready to look on AMD Ryzen solutions too.

Thanks in advance.

Have read about 11900k power consumption. Started to thinking about AMD build.

Also i saw in a few reviews that 10900k works better in some cases and there’s no reason to pay more and the difference between PCIe 3 and 4 shouldn’t be so huge in gaming.

So I also thinking about build on z490 boards (Aorus Z490 Pro Ax and similar from ASUS,Msi etc). Of course, no PCIe 4 but more chances it would work ‘out of the box’ without any issues ?

Could anyone suggest a good z490 board working with minimal amount of adjustments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back