Contribute
Register

Build to be confirmed by WWDC 12 or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77x-UP5-TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hy all !!!

I’ve planned to build my first hackintosh for approximatly one year ago.

Time to earn some money, and, yeaaah, one year later, I Can do it.

So, I try to be patient until apple will present new macs at the WWDC 12, but, off course, I’m going to build a Ivy bridge hackpro if supported by apple (Z77?)

I’ve also started to buy components:

Already buy:

G5 Apple’s case.
Be Quiet! straight Power 580W Cable modular E9
Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 Processor cooler
Cables to make my front panel (G5)
Crucial M4 SSD 128Go
Apple’s Alu keyboard
Apple’s touch pad
Mountain Mod removable motherboard Tray. (for my G5)

What I plan to buy:

A Ivy bridge 3770K Intel processor if supported by apple.
A gigabyte Motherboard (1155 + Z77 if supported by apple).

To be honest, I don’t know yet which reference because, I don’t understand the difference between (for exemple) a D3H and a UD3H…. Which board is the best ?

Then,

I’m also plan to buy a Bluray burner optical. I don’t know which model is the best. LG seems to be a good manufacturer, but Pioneer sems to be really good too. Any problem whith one model particularly with KP ????

I want to buy memory. With my dark rock pro 2, it seems that I can’t put High profil memory, so, normally, I should buy 16Gb (4x4Gb) of Corsair Vengeance Low profil (black or blue…^^)
Crucial seems to be good too no ? More reliable than Corsair ?

With my SSD (for system) I want to buy a “normal” hard drive for datas. 1 or 2 TB???
Witch model is the best ?

Bluetooth 4 module. Anyone can please tell me if a BT4 module exist and works for hackintosh ?

Graphics card. If a new model is natively supported by apple, I think that I’m going to buy this new one. If no, probably a 6870 by sapphire.

AND…. Thunderbolt. … (nice dream right ?)

Thanks to all who are going to give me their advice about my configuration, and probably best components compared to what I’ve yet selected.

parkingmo said:
Already buy:

G5 Apple’s case.
Be Quiet! straight Power 580W Cable modular E9
Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 Processor cooler
Cables to make my front panel (G5)
Crucial M4 SSD 128Go
Apple’s Alu keyboard
Apple’s touch pad
Mountain Mod removable motherboard Tray. (for my G5)

What I plan to buy:

A Ivy bridge 3770K Intel processor if supported by apple.
A gigabyte Motherboard (1155 + Z77 if supported by apple).

Graphics card. If a new model is natively supported by apple, I think that I’m going to buy this new one. If no, probably a 6870 by sapphire.

AND…. Thunderbolt. … (nice dream right ?)

Thanks to all who are going to give me their advice about my configuration, and probably best components compared to what I’ve yet selected.
Hi parkingmo,
everything looks good so far but as long as Apple don't uses Ivy Bridge, it just couldn't be "supported" nativley.
And there is a Thunderbolt motherboard by Asus: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_ ... V_PREMIUM/ which will be released soon. Maybe the Thunderbolt works under OS X, but we don't know yet.

Gordo74 said:
The DS3H and the UD5H are the only OSX compatible ones.

How about the new GA-Z77P-D3 and the GA-H77-DS3H? They also use Realtek audio and Realtek LAN.

Jamesbond007 said:
Gordo74 said:

How about the new GA-Z77P-D3 and the GA-H77-DS3H? They also use Realtek audio and Realtek LAN.

Then they probably are too.

Jamesbond007 said:
Gordo74 said:

Yep- those work too, but I can't find them available to buy at the usual places.

Also, the Gigabyte motherboards based on the B75 chipsets like the GA-B75-D3V uses Realtek audio and Atheros LAN, which should be supported in the latest MultiBeast for Lion.

So I would think these boards should also work, correct?

I am also planning to get a GA-B75M-D3H. Which got Realtec Audio and it is cheap too!!
It got one SATA3 and it is enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back