-
CPU
Intel i3 8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody!
Before I begin, I want to congratulate this community for their efforts to help each other in mac building. :clap:

I want to build my first low budget mac to use only with Ableton 10/Logic Pro
Have a:
i3 8100 Coffee Lake 3.6ghz (want to use it with his internal graphics)
X2 Western Digital 240gb SSD
X1 Hyper X FURY 8GB RAM DDR4
I have an external interface (Presonus) to make this sound.
I still don't buy a motherboard because I don't know which one is better in compatibility issues and that there is availability in my country. (I hear recommendations / experiences about this).

I want to know if this project is worth it and if I can fulfill the daw function that I want to give it.
Which version of osx is better in terms of stability to carry out this function?
I am very excited to start the project, I look forward to your response!
Thanks for the attention :wave:

Hi everybody!
Before I begin, I want to congratulate this community for their efforts to help each other in mac building. :clap:

I want to build my first low budget mac to use only with Ableton 10/Logic Pro
Have a:
i3 8100 Coffee Lake 3.6ghz (want to use it with his internal graphics)
X2 Western Digital 240gb SSD
X1 Hyper X FURY 8GB RAM DDR4
I have an external interface (Presonus) to make this sound.
I still don't buy a motherboard because I don't know which one is better in compatibility issues and that there is availability in my country. (I hear recommendations / experiences about this).

I want to know if this project is worth it and if I can fulfill the daw function that I want to give it.
Which version of osx is better in terms of stability to carry out this function?
I am very excited to start the project, I look forward to your response!
Thanks for the attention :wave:

Does your Presonus device use USB or Thunderbolt? If Thunderbolt, you will need to get a motherboard with Thunderbolt 3 (for example my own Z390 Designare) or a motherboard with a Thunderbolt add-in connector and a Thunderbolt card like the GC Titan Ridge. That will cost (much) more than a budget motherboard.

A suitable motherboard with the i3 8100 makes it compatible with High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina. I don't know about these audio devices and the associated softwares so perhaps others who know more can tell you.

Does your Presonus device use USB or Thunderbolt? If Thunderbolt, you will need to get a motherboard with Thunderbolt 3 (for example my own Z390 Designare) or a motherboard with a Thunderbolt add-in connector and a Thunderbolt card like the GC Titan Ridge. That will cost (much) more than a budget motherboard.

A suitable motherboard with the i3 8100 makes it compatible with High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina. I don't know about these audio devices and the associated softwares so perhaps others who know more can tell you.
Hi!
The Presonus interface uses usb 2.0, it shouldn't be a problem i guess.
I am a little worried about the issue of problems with the internal processor gpu with the motherboard that some users of i3 8100 have experienced.
Any help is welcome, thanks for your attention :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back