Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I need help guys! Im pretty sure I have everything hooked up right but when I to turn on my computer everything turns on for a second then just turns off.
This is my first computer so I might have missed something, here my build

Case-Thermaltake Lanbox Lite VF6000BWS MicroATX/ITX Gaming Cube PC Case:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PL ... PDKIKX0DER

Processor-Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
NCIX US - Buy BX80623I52500K - Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core Unlocked Processor LGA1155 3.3GHZ Sandy Bridge 6MB - Intel - Great price and fast delivery ... omoid=1019

Memory-Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory:
NCIX US - Buy CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 - Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 Vengeance 16GB 4X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Dual Channel Memory Kit - Corsair - Great price and fast delivery ... re=Corsair

HDD-Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB SATA3 7200rpm 64MB Hard Drive
- - SuperBiiz.com ... 2FAEX&c=CJ

Gigabyte HD 6850

There are a couple of possibilities. You didn't mention your power supply - does it have enough wattage for your hardware? Do you have it set for the correct voltage (120V or 240V) (it sounds stupid, but I've seen it before!)

Another reason (though relatively unlikely) is that some of the pins on your CPU socket are bent and either not making contact with the CPU or touching each other. This happened to me when a motherboard arrived damaged (the little plastic CPU socket cover was askew).

This behavior can also be caused by a PCI or PCIe card or RAM not being seated correctly in its slot.

I would first check the power supply. Then check your cards and RAM to make sure they're seated properly. Also try booting with just one stick of RAM installed. Only as a last resort would I pull the CPU to check the socket.

There could be other possible reasons for this behavior, maybe someone else will chime in with some suggestions. Good luck!

ok thanks ill try those out, the PSU I have is
Corsair Builder Series CX V2 500-Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel and AMD Platforms - CMPSU-500CXV2
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-500-Watt- ... 718&sr=8-2
on my last thread people said that one would be ok.....another thing ive noticed is that the i5 fan spins, the PSU fan spins, and like the fans that came with the case spins, the only thing is that the HD 6850 doesnt, I dont know if this is normal or not

ok guys so I went to a different forum that says to not use the huge connect thing but to use the square one, however on my PSU I dont have the square one fit, sorry for my terminology im new at this....

Attachments

• IMG_0544.jpg
    IMG_0544.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 73
You need both the one you have circle/crossed and the green arrow one. The 20/24 pin one is for the board itself and the 4 pin one is CPU power.

You need both the one you have circle/crossed and the green arrow one. The 20/24 pin one is for the board itself and the 4 pin one is CPU power.

OMG THX!!! I thought it had to be a straight up square one, but I got it to work, It was one of the 8 connector ones!

ok now it stays on, but nothing comes up on my monitor....When I turn it on I get one beep, and just a blank screen. It is a pretty old monitor from like 2008 so Idk if its the monitor or my build....

I got it too work and installed Lion but Ive noticed my audio doesnt work and non of the USB ports that are on the Motherboard seem to work, however they do work when I was doing the BIOS stuff, I dont even know if I did multibeast right or not. Ive tried looking in general tuning but I have no idea what im doing at this point...:p

installed Lion but Ive noticed my audio doesnt work and non of the USB ports that are on the Motherboard seem to work,

did you download the dsdt for your mobo and run multibeast after lion install?

edit: i just re read that you did run multibeast.... did you put the dsdt on your desktop after the lion install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back