Contribute
Register

Build mini mac using old Intel i7 950

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all..
I have old hackie using GA X58-UD3R and i7 950, but the motherboard is not working properly and I'd like to use the processor to built a new one. I'm thinking built a mac mini.
Do you think there is new motherboard still compatible with this processor available in market?
Which one recommended to built mac mini with latest OS?
Thanks

Last edited:
Considering the age of that CPU and socket type (1366) you may be better just moving to a newer platform and CPU. The only place you may find some of those motherboards now is on internet auction sites. It is unlikely you would find any new boards.

Thanks man..

Yeah I think there's no longer new LGA 1366 on the market, and as you said best to move to new platform.

Do you have link for buyer's guide of branded PC (mini form) which successfully hackie'd?
Thanks

Thanks man..

Yeah I think there's no longer new LGA 1366 on the market, and as you said best to move to new platform.

Do you have link for buyer's guide of branded PC (mini form) which successfully hackie'd?
Thanks

There is no such guide. Check the forums to see what other users have got working. You have 2 options; build your own from the component parts (Found in the Buyers Guide) or look for a pre-built system that happens to be compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back