Contribute
Register

[Build Log] Project Blueberry Apple G4

Status
Not open for further replies.
And something else that made me very happy: look who arrived over the weekend ^^

IMG_2213.JPG IMG_2214.JPG

So the standoffs arrived from china:

IMG_2224.JPG

I took off the motherboard heatsinks because I wanted to paint them blue.

IMG_2225.JPG

I ordered Full Dip, a liquid vinyl solution which I thought was similar to Plasti Dip. The result was terrible. The only good thing is that it was easy to peel off.

For now I just sanded away the red paint and took out the plastic ROG logo.

IMG_2229.JPG IMG_2230.JPG

I, too, have a GENE. See my signature block for my build description and installation procedures which will help you getting it running El Capitan.

I, too, have a GENE. See my signature block for my build description and installation procedures which will help you getting it running El Capitan.

That's great! I'm currently waiting for the final parts to arrive for the waterloop so I won't be able to test the system for quite some time I'm afraid :/. But I'll follow your write-up when I get to installing OSX :). Thanks for the tip!

So now that I've got all the necessary parts, time to prep the case
smile.gif

IMG_2256.JPG

First I took of the side panel to make my life a bit easier. I bought a rivet gun so it should be no problem attaching it again afterwards
smile.gif

IMG_2257.JPG

I marked with a sharpie where I need to cut away a part of the locking mechanism. I need this to allow the upper radiator to sit there:

IMG_2258.JPG

Saftey first ;-)

IMG_2259.JPG IMG_2260.JPG

Last edited:
This is what it looks like so far^^.

I stripped off a little of the original standoffs to make them 8mm to see if everything would fit better now.

IMG_2261.JPG IMG_2262.JPG IMG_2263.JPG IMG_2264.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back