Contribute
Register

BUILD: Intel i7 3770T with Zotac z77 ITX WiFi hackmini 6,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, ordered new programmed BIOS chip, then hot swapped, and reflashed old chip. Now I have two working chip, though!
Turboboost? I really can't say. I'll get into it, but first Native Ivy Bridge PM.
For AR9285 I saw it was working with dsdt patch (from el coniglio, if I remember well), but I don't like two bluetooth receiver in the same machine, even if one of them is not working!
But I'll try it, Why not? Anyway, AR9280 is on its way already!
Post results for AR9285 BT, maybe I could dig too!
I tried HDMI audio and it works perfectly!
Last but not least: AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext don't survive to OS updates: so it's mandatory to re-install my edited kext, or edit your own one.
I didn't understand if you had to do that or your board just show the right connector mapping...

Yeah, ordered new programmed BIOS chip, then hot swapped, and reflashed old chip. Now I have two working chip, though!
Turboboost? I really can't say. I'll get into it, but first Native Ivy Bridge PM.
For AR9285 I saw it was working with dsdt patch (from el coniglio, if I remember well), but I don't like two bluetooth receiver in the same machine, even if one of them is not working!
But I'll try it, Why not? Anyway, AR9280 is on its way already!
Post results for AR9285 BT, maybe I could dig too!
I tried HDMI audio and it works perfectly!
Last but not least: AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext don't survive to OS updates: so it's mandatory to re-install my edited kext, or edit your own one.
I didn't understand if you had to do that or your board just show the right connector mapping...

I tried out native PM for IvyBridge, it works! now turboboost is working too and i get 9 P-States and 15k GB-score. I use MacMini6,2 SMBios. My OS X is 10.8.2 (12C3104)

Without patched AICPUPM.kext i get only 7 p-states but with TurboBoost. With patched one from MultiBeast package I get 9 P-States.

I join my complete Extras folder. Just replace it with yours to give it a try. We have the same patched BIOS so it should work.

concerning AIFBC.kext: How can i see if my FB mapping is wrong? I have only one HDMI screen on my IGPU. I'll ask toleda if there is a way to do framebuffer injection via DSDT...

Attachments

• Extra.zip
    143.9 KB · Views: 123
To check the right mapping of physical connectors take a look at my explanation (to you!!!) here, on post #58. Of course, check one hdmi port at a time, then change port and check ioreg as explained, and if you have HDMI to DP adapter you can check DP mapping as well.
For Ivy Bridge PM, I prefer not patching AICPUPM... did you create custom ssdt? Maybe my problem is the cpu: I have i7 3770T, and you?
I'm stuck at multiplier x8. I'll try your files in the morning and post result.
Anyway, thanks for your help!

To check the right mapping of physical connectors take a look at my explanation (to you!!!) here, on post #58. Of course, check one hdmi port at a time, then change port and check ioreg as explained, and if you have HDMI to DP adapter you can check DP mapping as well.
For Ivy Bridge PM, I prefer not patching AICPUPM... did you create custom ssdt? Maybe my problem is the cpu: I have i7 3770T, and you?
I'm stuck at multiplier x8. I'll try your files in the morning and post result.
Anyway, thanks for your help!

I've got the ports wrong mapped, too... I think it is possible to inject the right value via DSDT, i will look at it this evening.

I have a custom SSDT for my i7-3770K
You have a T version, yours has 45W TDP, 2,5GHz and 3,7GHz TurboBoost. you can also try the SSDT generator from this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906-ssdt-generation-script-ivybridge-pm.html
People being stuck at 800Mhz were able to get out by duplicating one of the P-State entry (like the lowest one). Read through the thread ive sent to you, you'll see...
What SSDT did you use?

About AICPUPM.kext, yeah, its not nessesary but I get two more P-States with it. I dont know why, but i will use it until there is a better solution.

Of course custom SSDT due to my 3770T, here I posted my last results (post # 104). No luck, yet.
I'm going to take a look at duplicating one of the P-State entry as you said...
For connector mapping, actually I don't know if dsdt editing would be possible: That'd be great!
Let's keep in touch!

Oh, by the way: I've got turbo enabled (and didn't notice, can you believe it? Ah Ah!!!)
second btw: adding kernel flag dart=0 allow us to use native
AppleACPIPlatform.kext: one further step toward vanilla sys!

SUCCESS!!!
Here are my steps:
1 - download SSDT generation script here (click on RAW and save it on desktop without further extensions)
2 - open the file (ssdtPRGen.sh) with text edit and change gBaseFrequency=1100 from default gBaseFrequency=1600, then save
3 - open a terminal window and type chmod +x ~/Desktop/ssdtPRGen.sh then hit enter
4 - drag
ssdtPRGen.sh into the terminal window and hit enter to generate SSDT_PR.dsl on desktop
5 - open SSDT_PR.dsl with MaciASL, compile (0 errors, 0 warnings, 0 remarks, 0 optimizations) and save as SSDT.aml (adding extension) File Format: ACPI Machine Language Binary.
6 - Drag the new SSDT.aml in Extra folder
7 - Add <key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
to org.chameleon.Boot.plist
8 - Reboot
9 - Done!

11/02/13 12:29:40,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(11)
11/02/13 12:29:40,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 11 16 17 21 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

geekbenchmark.png

Credits
PikeRAlpha and Jeroen for SSDT generation script (IvyBridge Power Management)
toleda for ML: Native IvyBridge CPU and GPU Power Management
MacintoshHealer for tips and support

SUCCESS!!!
Here are my steps:
1 - download SSDT generation script here (click on RAW and save it on desktop without further extensions)
2 - open the file (ssdtPRGen.sh) with text edit and change gBaseFrequency=1100 from default gBaseFrequency=1600, then save
3 - open a terminal window and type chmod +x ~/Desktop/ssdtPRGen.sh then hit enter
4 - drag
ssdtPRGen.sh into the terminal window and hit enter to generate SSDT_PR.dsl on desktop
5 - open SSDT_PR.dsl with MaciASL, compile (0 errors, 0 warnings, 0 remarks, 0 optimizations) and save as SSDT.aml (adding extension) File Format: ACPI Machine Language Binary.
6 - Drag the new SSDT.aml in Extra folder
7 - Add <key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
to org.chameleon.Boot.plist
8 - Reboot
9 - Done!

11/02/13 12:29:40,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(11)
11/02/13 12:29:40,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 11 16 17 21 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

View attachment 46212

Credits
PikeRAlpha and Jeroen for SSDT generation script (IvyBridge Power Management)
toleda for ML: Native IvyBridge CPU and GPU Power Management
MacintoshHealer for tips and support

WHAAAAAHAAAAA!!! Thats incredible - 13 P-States, and your score is almost as high as mine with i7-3770K@3,5GHz ... that's great! You said you don't use AICPUPM.kext?
Can you join me yours so i can rollback mine with the latest version?

WHAAAAAHAAAAA!!! Thats incredible - 13 P-States, and your score is almost as high as mine with i7-3770K@3,5GHz ... that's great! You said you don't use AICPUPM.kext?
Can you join me yours so i can rollback mine with the latest version?

Here you are, all my stuff!
Please note that AppleACPIPlatform.kext is invisible because I copied from my Unibeast usb, but it doesn't affect the system.
Two more things:
1 - You were right: with dsdt editing wifi works well and Atheros bluetooth doesn't bother Belkin dongle, not even auto and manual sleep!
2 - Almost forgot to post my IR reciever installation!

IR screenshot.png

Thanks to this thread!
Soon I'll edit OP and make a noob guide, just in case somebody would need it (Like me, above all :D)

Attachments

• giacomoleopardo zotac files.zip
    956.3 KB · Views: 112
Big Thank you both of you.

With your patched and latest bios : No black line and resized boot screen during the booting.
I got the 100% Fit/Full res booting screen with apple logo.
It's amazing.!!

Now I wish that we could have a logo changer for zotac board. then, we can see the apple boot logo first after power on while put the quite mode for boot loader

Now, I'm going to apply your IVY PM method. I will get back to you thank you for your great sharing again.

Big Thank you both of you.

With your patched and latest bios : No black line and resized boot screen during the booting.
I got the 100% Fit/Full res booting screen with apple logo.
It's amazing.!!

Now I wish that we could have a logo changer for zotac board. then, we can see the apple boot logo first after power on while put the quite mode for boot loader

Now, I'm going to apply your IVY PM method. I will get back to you thank you for your great sharing again.

No man, thank YOU! Without you, minihack and miramar I would never buy this outstanding board!
Full guide just uploaded here
Keep posting results! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back