Contribute
Register

(Build in Progress) WORKING SLEEP - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 + i5 3570k + NVIDIA GTX 660Ti + Mountain Lio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the guide it really helped!!!

Anyway to get the CMOS to stop resetting?

Thanks!

Very nice post. Does anyone else have the same problem of getting to the installation screen? For me it boots up then it says 'Please restart you computer' how do I fix this? I'm so frustrated please help :banghead:

ive gone through this tutorial, really similar hardware specs. installed Mountain Lion try to boot into it and i get stuck at a grey screen with the apple logo and a spinning 'loading' icon that just keeps spinning.

ive tried the GraphicsEnabler=No, -s, and i get nothing different. am i supposed to be editing some files before i install mac os? i keep seeing people talk about kext files, i assumed that was a step that comes later once mac os boots up? ive spent almost 6 hours tonight on this LOSING MY MIND! would desperately welcome some help on this.

also, i read removing all but 1 stick of ram is a must? is that true? i have 4 8gb sticks. this is ...incredibly frustrating. i just want to install mac os!

metrons, have you got this working since your post? If not, I'd take out the graphics card and boot with -v PCIRootOption=0. Booting with the -v option shows you what's going on and how far it gets into the boot process. I've just installed ML 10.8.5 on my system, ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M in the last day and have it working, so might be able to help a little.

metrons, have you got this working since your post? If not, I'd take out the graphics card and boot with -v PCIRootOption=0. Booting with the -v option shows you what's going on and how far it gets into the boot process. I've just installed ML 10.8.5 on my system, ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M in the last day and have it working, so might be able to help a little.

I know this post is a couple of months old, but I thought I'd start here ... I have an Asrock z77 extreme4 board, with a 2600k, 16gb (4x4gb) of ram, Sandisk 120gb SSD (not using for Mac - Win 8.1 is installed there), a WD 1TB HDD for Windows storage, a 500GB Samsung (which is where Mac OSX will reside), and a GTX 770 (ACX, if that matters).

I have been at this for a couple of days now... I tried to install Mavericks on to the 500gb drive, from a 320gb external drive I prepared using Unibeast. I say tried, but I can load Mavericks and run Multibeast, and I assume I am ticking all the correct boxes (trying to follow the guides as best I can - although not many detailed ones that I have found related to Multibeast for Mavericks). After clicking "Install" at the end of multibeast and rebooting the computer, I get to the grey screen with the Apple logo and the grey cheerio, but the loading indicator (grey cheerio since I don't know the actual name of it) freezes and I get a kernel panic message. The one I have seen the most is related to AppleIntelPowerManagement.

In Multibeast, I know there is an option to either remove (the "Null.." option) it, or I can patch it. Well, I have done both, but I still cannot get into the OS after that reboot.

I should also mention that I am running a modified BIOS (2.70) that I found the link to here in the forums. Also, I have done the complete install will all ram and my video card in. When I initially get into Mavericks (before running multibeast) everything works except my audio and my ethernet, but I use a tp-link wireless card so the latter is not a big deal.

Any guidance/help would be appreciated. Also, if I run into the kernel panic again, do I have to erase the partition and reinstall the OS again, or is there some kind of restore I can run that may be a little quicker?

Thanks,
Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back